Chores

Babybump87

Reaction score
Do you give your children chores if so what ?!

That’s it basically:haha:

I didn’t necessarily call them chores. I am also loosey goosy about it, and I don’t give an allowance. I do ask my son to help out around the house as an expectation. There are a lot of different age appropriate chores based on developmental expectations.

IE preschoolers might clean up toys or basically after themselves when it’s just pick up/wipe up level. We have pets, so my son also started helping me feed the dogs (I’d scoop, he’d pour). I’d have him help me with moving the laundry. Simple things.

As he got older, he naturally takes interest in what I do around the house and asks to learn/help. He might help with cooking/baking or putting away the silverware when we do dishes. He’ll help me when I’m out in the yard by raking, picking up fallen fruits, watering plants, or pulling weeds. He helps me take the garbage to the bins and sorts them (they practice at school starting in tk about garbage, recycle, organics sorting) and taking it to the curb.

It’s not scheduled, and I don’t keep a chore chart. It’s just expected that we all keep our house running and work together as needed. I supervise most things though because I don’t want him getting hurt and he has special needs.

His reward is that he’s spoiled lol. So if he wants to maintain his lifestyle, he needs to contribute around the house. I think there can be a great value in money skills but as of right now that’s not where I’m at personally.

I will also say my son went to daycare at 16w, yay American maternity leave. In school settings, kids are expected to have classroom responsibilities and to pick up after themselves. So he learned a lot of “chores” at school as early as 1.5-2.

IMG_0345.jpeg

My daughter does all the ironing. It's her favourite so I save it all for her :lol:

My child makes the bed behind him and puts away his toys. Also, after I read abcya reviews, my child plays educational games for 25 minutes a day. It is quite interesting for her and sometimes she does it for longer if she wishes. But she knows that every day she must do it for at least 25 minutes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"