Can the pill stop your period after it started?

Reaction score
I was waiting for my period to arrive so I could start taking the pill.
My period arrived on Sunday morning at 1am, and I started the pill on Monday morning. By Tuesday my period had completely stopped.

It was a weird period:
  • It was shorter. My period usually goes for a week, this time it only went for 2 days, if that.
  • It was lighter. It wasn't really a flow at all, it was just random spotting.
  • It wasnt fresh blood, the spotting was mainly brown, with some pink spotting, but mainly brown. My periods are usually quite heavy for the first 3 days.
  • There was absolutely no pain or cramping, usually I have horrible pain.

I dont think that the pill can stop your period once it has started, and I wasn't even on the pill long enough for it to have an effect, right?

So what could be going on? This is not notmal for me, I usually only spot at the end of my period, never any other time.

it's advised if you have a shorter or lighter period to take a pregnancy test (just in case)

otherwsie it could be the pill, speak to your GP
x

Usually they do pregnancy tests before you go on the pill, or that's how it's done over here in the states by most docs, not all. I would say it's the pill from my experience but you could always test for reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->