Can we talk about birth control?

dakotadawn

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I really need some insight here. After years and years of dealing with endometriosis and a whole slew of other things,including a retroverted uterus, a doctor has finally put his hands up and said, "something has to give".

He doesn't think combination pills are for me. So I want to talk about birth control. What are you one, and how is it working for you? He's suggested Micronor, Lupron, and Mirena. Any advice would be helpful.

i had trouble with pills. I have an implant now (Nexplanon). It's basically a small plastic rod that sits under your skin in your arm and stops you having babies for 3 years or until you have it removed i suppose. There's mixed experiences with how long it takes to get out of your system though if you ttc, some people manage straight away but i've also heard up to a year(?)

I like it. i'm on my second one now (been on it for 5 years) it can mess around with your periods but mine are quite regular on it, just lighter.

I have the paragard IUD (without hormones) and I hate it, it gives me cramps all the time and my period cramps are unbearable. I practically feel like I'm in labor every month. (and this is pretty much normal, I've been told ugh!) I wish I had gotten the mirena since it makes your period go away and the amount of hormones in it is so slight that it doesn't mess with your body much at all. I know a lot of women that have the mirena IUD and they love it.

I don't use any.
Pull and pray over here the last 8 years

I'm pretty certain we're just going back to charting. I did it before with no problems, and I'm pretty confident about doing it again. When we first met it was an absolute no go, but now he's very open to it, and actually pushes for me to just chart. He's tired of seeing me go through hormonal shifts all the time.

:hi:

I have a tilted uterus and suspected endo. Very bad periods too.
I got the Mirena in September, after reading horrible reviews and petrified to get it but it was my last resort and so finally I have in and got it. And I have to say, if you give this type of IUD time, you may just love it. My only regret is not getting it sooner! I cannot believe how much it improved the "endo" pains, periods, moods wings, etc. even helped w a hormone imbalance.

I looked into Lupron and decided it wasn't for me. Dost take long for me to get that choice outta the way. I used to be on a combo BC pill and that did wonders for my period but nothing else. But my periods are even better w mirena than w the pill. They practically don't exist. I charted a ton. And that was extremely insightful. I think it's always good to do but unfortunately that didn't help any of my issues w pains and periods and such)If you want to learn more about my journey you can read this https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/postnatal-support/2230823-positive-mirena-iud-experience.html

Side note, I'm from PA too. Born and raised. We are moving back as soon as our house sells. Whereabouts are tou

Thank you so much for your insight! I'm going to stick with charting for a bit I think. If anything, I think I'll be going with Mirena, but I'm just so torn. I'll definitely be reading this! Thank you.

I'm in Pittsburgh! Originally closer to Erie though. Born and raised as well!

Yay more people from the US! I was beginning to think everyone on here was from the UK. I'm from Wisconsin. (my sister lives in PA though!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->