Can you Aussie Mums help me please?

Welcome to Aus!

I think over here Karicare recently changed its name to Aptamil, so maybe you can get the same thing here?

Thankyou ~ I am pleased to see Aptamil is here too :thumbup:

When did/would you Ladies change to cows milk? In the Uk they say you can if you want at 1 year old :baby:

i've been trying to decide about this, my LO is breastfed so we haven't really had much to do with cows milk or formula. But isn't it better to give them toddler milk over cows milk? surely toddler milk is more nutritional and has more nutrients and such in it than regular ol cows milk.

i've been trying to decide about this, my LO is breastfed so we haven't really had much to do with cows milk or formula. But isn't it better to give them toddler milk over cows milk? surely toddler milk is more nutritional and has more nutrients and such in it than regular ol cows milk.

That is just what I was thinking :thumbup:

My boys had toddler milk after 1 as well - they were (and still are) extremely fussy so I wanted to make sure they were still getting some good stuff lol.

Hello Girls :wave:

I am looking now for a car seat for my Daughter, which is the best brand here in Australia?

Would you buy in Toys/Babies R us or somewhere else? :shrug:

the safe and sound would be the best i beleive, i have friends that work at baby stores and that's what they say.

Hey Hun! Welcome :hi:

We love our safe and sound, and my mum has a fisher price in her car. They are both good.

Tbh, as long as what you buy is the Australian safety standards, you can't really go wrong :thumbup:

Thanks Girls :flower:

Been in the baby store today & the lady in there also recommended 'safe & sound'

We need to buy 2 car seats & it seems its gonna set us back $800! :wacko:

Fisher and price usually works out cheaper and is great, or you can try getting a Mothercare set (my friend bought the bassinet, car capsule and pram set for like $600). Fisher and price is the only one the stores here seem to suggest. Different states different opinions I guess.

i was always under the impression mothercare is the "cheap" option. But i could be under the wrong impression *shrug* i'm sure certain stores steer you away from brands they don't keep. I mean i worked in retail and i know i sure did. lol

With the safe and sound don't buy the most expensive one (unless the cash is no worry) it's really really not necessary. They are just easier to adjust which IMO isn't worth over $100 more. They aren't more safe which is the only thing i'd pay extra for.

Get on the safe and sound website and compare them all, i have this one https://www.babybunting.com.au/index.php/car-safety/75648.html and it's fab it was the cheapest one that still had that nice soft feel but that wasn't a silly compact one (i have a big car that can fit a bigger seat)

<3

Which one are you specifically looking at?

Thanks so much :flower: I dont know what i'd do without this thread, your all fantastic :friends:

I did start this thread today:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/820576-help-mums-australia-please.html

Which one are you specifically looking at?

We were looking at the Meridian AHR...(Hubby likes the side impact bit) But its $495! :saywhat:
https://www.mothercare.com.au/p-20342-safe-n-sound-meridian-ahr-tilt-adjust-carseat-praline.aspx

There is this one ~ But im not sure it reclines enough?:

https://www.toysrus.com.au/great-ba...luxe-convertible-car-sea/w1/i1197485_1193844/

all the safe and sound have the side impact thing. But the meridian air has a thicker cushion which they say adds more protection to side impacts. But seriously it's a cushion. Look on the Britax website and read between the lines of the silly gimmicky features.

So we bought the Safe n Sound AHR ~ $415!

Basically went for it, as it will last our 1 year old until she no longer needs a car seat.....

But, I hate it :brat: For $415 I cannot believe you cant recline it, my DD is only just one & when she falls asleep in the car, she really doesnt look comfy & her head flops forward when we brake! :growlmad:

Not happy with it at all ~ A one year old should be able to rest back & sleep comfy :sleep:

I paid $40 for my Fisher & Price, it doesn't recline but it can go forward facing and rear facing, and has a newborn insert that can just come out when she is older :winkwink:

Girls ~ Im after some more advice please :flower:

I am looking at buying mattresses (adult ones, not baby) But dont know which brands are good here in Australia?

I am currently looking at Crown Royale & Sleepmaker....Any views? :sleep:

I know the Sealy are good but I've seriously used 2nd hand ones forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->