Can you get PND even after 2 years?

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
My LO will be 2 at the end of the month.

For the last couple of weeks life has been very hard for me.

I suffer anxiety as it is, and at our old house I was constantly on edge. We decided to move and it all happened so quick. I thought we'd be happy in our new house but I hate it so much I have panic attacks even being in it. This has led to me being at my mums away from OH, which is tearing me apart.

My anxiety is so bad I feel constantly on edge, I'm having bad panic attacks and constantly crying. I've lot a stone in two weeks and I have no interest in anything.

I am finding it hard to cope with my LO, she is constantly needing/wanting attention and I just feel so down I could run away.

I'm scared I am never going to feel me again :(

Could it be PND??

Thanks

If you havent had PND before I don't think it is PND, but maybe rather clinical depression. Why don't you make an appointment with your doc, I am sure he will be able to help you . :)

I would talk to your doc, hun.... I had postpartum depression so it sounds very similar, but being as it is so late after delivery, it may just be depression. :hugs:

I had postpartum depression and started antidepressants when my LO was 8 months old, stopped after 6 months (on drs advice) and depression gradually came back until I went back to my dr when LO was 23 months old.

Even though my dr agreed it's possibly because I didn't take the antidepressants long enough (I think six months is the least amount of time) it's just classed as depression now. The treatments options are the same so it doesn't really matter if it's postpartum depression or clinical depression, best thing is to see your dr :hugs:

As well as antidepressants I'm now having counselling as well so hoping that I'll beat it this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->