Can you get pregnant 2 days after O?

wlovew

Reaction score
:cry: I'm so bummed, my donor could not meet me tonight due to work constraints. Based on OPKs I had my LH surge yesterday. I caught it on the way up, at its peak and on the way back down. Today the OPKs are back to super faint lines so the LH is over. CM is totally creamy, almost like paste. My temp this morning dropped from 97.45 down to 97.2, perhaps that is the drop before the spike?? Anywho, I probably ovulated today, CD 15. I needed those swimmers tonight :( He can get me some tomorrow night for sure, but won't it be too late by then? I guess I won't know if I ovulated or not until I get the spike, huh? I'm so bummed, I was so hopeful this cycle would be the one. I don't know how some ladies go at this for a year or more. This is only my second month TTC and I'm already so emotional. :cry:

I'm no expert but if you really are ovulating today then yes, I would think tomorrow is too late as the egg is only viable for 24 hours. If I understand it correctly, the spike in temp comes when the egg has been released. You could maybe give it a shot just in case though. it can't hurt:shrug:

If you don't get your BFP this cycle, maybe you could try having your donor contribute the day of your positive OPK? Don't know if it'd also be possible for him to also give you his contribution maybe 1-2 days before you believe you'll O? Don't know how regular you are as it'd be easier to coordinate things if you're regular and O about the same cycle day each month. That way, maybe he can try and be more available around the time you think you'll O.

Wish you lots of luck :dust:

Hi

Agree with above but also wanted to point out out that ur more likely to get pregnant if sperm are in there about 24-48 hrs before u ov (if u can only do it once) as the sperm survive for around 5 days and theres more chance of egg being fertilised if sperm are there waiting for the egg when it is released x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->