Can you get pregnant on birth control?

VioletJs24

Reaction score
I take birth control every day (ortho tri cyclen lo), there have been a few days that I accidentally took it later in the day than normal but I haven't missed a pill since starting to take them. I have been on it for 9 months now and ALWAYS start on CD29 like clockwork because of the pills. Well, this month I did not start. I had some brown spotting earlier in the month and now (6 days late) I have had light brownish yellow discharge when I wipe but not enough to really stain my panties. I have a few symptoms such as dizziness, disliking certain foods randomly, missed period, backache, grouchiness, and tonight I have noticed that my hips and legs are very sore/achy. Is there a way that I somehow got pregnant? I feel like I'm going crazy. Any opinions or advise is welcome! Please help!

It is possible, the only way to know for sure if to take a pregnancy test! Hope it turns out how you want it to :)

Yes you can. It's a very small risk if you are taking them like you are supposed to, but it's still there. And the best way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test.
luck to you

No birth control is 100%, it states this on all the information leaflets. Some people don't respond exactly the same and illness, anti biotics can stop them working effectively.

As pp said the only wAy to know is to test. Is there any reason you haven't so far if you thought you could be pregnant?

No birth control is 100%, especially so if it isn't used / taken correctly

I did end up taking a test and it was negative. I'll be going to the doctor next week if nothing shows up before then just to make sure everything is fine

Best wishes to you. Sounds like you can be early, but you do have all these prego symptoms. Xoxo most definite you can get prego while on the pill. I was conceived that same way lol ;) my mom let her soul rest in peace took birth controls for 4 months and those four months I was in her belly she had never missed a pill prior either. She knew because of the symptoms that she was feeling and how her belly was growing lol.

Yes you can. Something may have stopped you absorbing the pill even if taken correctly.

I took a test and it looks negative but I still haven't gotten my period & there is no signs of it coming. I had cramps yesterday so I thought that I was going to wake up with it but there is nothing today and I feel fine.

Keep monitoring urself. If you haven't gotten ur AF on the day you suppose to, do a test & see. Keep us posted. Best wishes to you dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->