Can you get pregnant while being on your period?

xoxoelisaxoxo

Reaction score
My period lasts around 7-8 days but my bf and I had intercourse on the 5 th day of my cycle ...can one conceive ? Any women out there that conceived while on their period? I know you must ovulate in order to conceive but my period is never consistent I once was 3 weeks late but not pregnant so perhaps I will ovulate right after my period??

My friend got pregnant with unprotected sex on the last day of her AF, like day 7 or 8. She thought she was safe, but nooooo! Sperm can live for up to 7 days, so it's totally possible if you O on day 13-14, and some women O even earlier than that.

like the ladies above me said it is possible, but very highly unlikely.

well if you have a long period and an average cycle then it is possible, the week after your period is the best time to test. for example if you have a 28 day cycle and your period lasts for 10 days you could in theory get pregnant from 7-14 days into your cycle as you are most fertile in the 7 days before you ovulate, The sperm must be there waiting for the egg not the other way round, once you have ovulated the egg has a 48 hour window to be fertalised as the condition of the egg deteriorates rapidly after ovulation. Sperm can survive for 5-7 days in the uterus which is also a factor. It is rare to get pregnant while on heavy flow as the blood washes most of the sperm out of the uterus but its not impossible, I would say a 5% chance

My NFP method says to treat all period days as fertile, as the blood can obscure you from seeing your cervical mucus.

As your ovulation day isn't fixed in your cycle (the time from ovulation to next period is the only bit that rarely varies), you could easily ovulate early in the cycle and therefore have a shorter cycle.

So, in answer to your question, yes, you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->