Can you help with my boy name options and how common they are in your area please?

LDC

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have my planned section booked for four weeks time and we've still not decided on a name yet.

We have narrowed it down (I'm not worried too much as dd was named in theatre!) but I'm a bit worried as I don't want an overly common/popular name.

With dd we didn't know anyone called esme and then there was another at her nursery and I know a few people have called their children it since, so it was more popular than we thought!

Which are your favourites from our select few (which will probably change again!) and are any overly popular in your area/in your opinion?

Arlo
Dylan
Flynn
Lennox
Ralph
Travis

Thanks all x

My favourite is definitely Flynn, but I like Ralph too. The others aren't really my style.

In terms of popularity, my girls are in reception and nursery, there's a Dylan in reception but no other boys from your list! My nephew is Finn (and there's a Finn in nursery) but no Flynns.

Hope that helps!

I like Arlo and Flynn.

I've never met anyone with most of the names but I know a few Travis' and Dylans, though they're all around my age (27).

I'm in Northern Ireland and the only one I know irl is Dylan but as an Irish name it would be more common.

I do like Arlo

Thank you, it's nice to get some perspective from various areas (even different countries) and see what people think xx

I'm in south east uk,

Arlo - heard a newborn called this last week.
Dylan - know of several and there are two in one of my daughters classes and one in another.
Flynn - know a couple of Finns, but no Flynns.
Lennox - don't know of any.
Ralph - dont know of any.
Travis - don't know of any.

My faves on your list are deffo Arlo and Flynn, they're both lovely 👍🏻

I love Flynn! Dylan and arlo and also nice. None are too popular/ over used where I'm from (Devon) but also not really unusual and out there xx

Arlo - I've heard a few people consider it, but none I know have actualy gne with it.
Dylan - Fairly common in my area but I'm in Wales so Welsh names (not Irish LoveCakes! :)) are obviously used more often here.
Flynn - I know one but he's in his 80s!
Lennox - Honestly I've only ever heard of this as a girl's name.
Ralph - Don't know any
Travis - I have known one but it's very uncommon here.

Dylan and Flynn are my favourites.

I'm a teacher in Scotland and have 4 Dylans in one class. And know of at least 5 others.
No Flynns!
Lennox - 2 in my school.
Arlo - one newborn.
Ralph & travis = 0.

I love Flynn and Arlo :)

I'm a teacher in Scotland and have 4 Dylans in one class. And know of at least 5 others.
No Flynns!
Lennox - 2 in my school.
Arlo - one newborn.
Ralph & travis = 0.

I love Flynn and Arlo :)
Another Scottish teacher here!

Arlo - I don't know any but my friend considered it and I love it
Dylan - really popular, and most Dylan's I know have been troublemakers!
Flynn - I know a few, I quite like it but I think it is getting more popular.
Lennox - don't know a Lennox and I like it!
Ralph - uncommon
Travis - fairly common here

My favourite is definitely Arlo and I think it would age well too.

From the Pacific Northwest, Dylan (any spelling), Flynn, and Travis are fairly common here.

I like Arlo!

Arlo & Flynn = loveeeeee

Flynn is more common than Arlo where I live (Melbourne, Aus) and i have not actually met an Arlo in real life, but I understand that it's becoming more popular.

I only know Travis' who are around my age (29) and I'm not hugely in to Dylan, Lennox or Ralph.

The least common for me and my absolute favourite on your list is Arlo, I had never heard of it until recently when a friend in another area named her son Arlo 4 weeks ago, X

Ralph and Lennox are also fairly unusual to me I don't know of anyone with those names, where as Dylan and Travis are quite popular x

Love Flynn and Arlo!

The only popular one here is Dylan, the rest are pretty uncommon

I like Arlo.

The only one from your list that I've heard of irl around here is Dylan :)

Thank you so much ladies,

I'm becoming more and more swayed towards Flynn I think - I really love Arlo and its my favourite but dh isn't so keen so think I may try and push for Flynn with Arlo as a middle name.

I worried with Dylan that it would be quite popular and I know one person with a son called Ralph which put me off a little as I'd hoped for something that no one else had, which makes me sound a bit odd.

Tough choices! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->