can you here a heartbeat at 7 weeks?

Bella12

Reaction score
I went to my doctor today. I'm going to have my hcg monitored and I'm going for transvaginal ultasound on Thursday. I'm really worried I'm going to miscarry again. It would give me a little peace of mind if I could hear my baby's heartbeat. When did you first hear your baby's heartbeat? Is 7 weeks to early?

No transvaginal u should beable to def see by 6 weeks...however if its an abdominal u/s it could be a tad later.

I went in at 5 weeks 4 days last Thurs and saw only a yolk sac. Today I went for another vag us at 6 weeks 1 day and saw a baby and heard the heart beat!! So yes, by 7 weeks you should be able to see/hear the heartbeat.

I heard our baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks 2 days so I would say you have a great chance!

I heard the heartbeat at my first ultrasound appointment, which was at 5 weeks 6 days. I think my LO was an early implanter, but I'm thinking you have a good chance of hearing the heartbeat at 7 weeks.

Thanks for the hope. The doctor told me it could be possible but not to panic if I didn't hear anything. I really want a baby and my first attempt went horribly wrong. I'm hoping this one will be the lucky one. Maybe it's good I'm finding out after Christmas. I ccan't wait until Thursday.

I had a scan yest and saw the heartbeat at 145bpm. X

How many weeks are you jopascoe? Congrats on a healthy heartbeat!

I saw and heard my baby's heartbeat today at 7w5d. I had a regular and transvaginal ultrasound and was able to see the heartbeat during both ultrasounds. We heard it on the doppler too.

I went to my doctor today. I'm going to have my hcg monitored and I'm going for transvaginal ultasound on Thursday. I'm really worried I'm going to miscarry again. It would give me a little peace of mind if I could hear my baby's heartbeat. When did you first hear your baby's heartbeat? Is 7 weeks to early?

usually you will see it on the sono but not see it till a bit later on either the Doppler or the sono

it depends on the machine itself alot of doctors do not have the newer machines that do this...also depends on how far along you actually on, which means when the egg actually met up and then how long it took to implant and then where it implanted and where ur uterus is facing..what body type you are and some other factors that factor in ...

hope this help some

Thanks for the info.justhoping! It is a good idea for me to know that lots of things will come into play at tomorrows ultrasound. I'm just praying for a small miracle. Some sort of hope or reassurance that the life inside me is healthy this time around.

I'm not sure what happened last time but if it was a miscarriage then as awful and heartbreaking as they are (I've had two in a row), they are pretty common so even if you've had one, chances are so very high you'll have a happy and healthy 9 months ahead of you! Fx everything will go beautifully tomorrow on your scan and you'll have trouble holding your composure with tears of joy!

I actually found my baby's heartbeat at 7 weeks 5 days on a doppler myself. A lot of people told me that it was probably my own heartbeat but I know the difference and it was definitely baby's. Plus, I've seen on youtube people finding it on a doppler at 7 weeks so I'd imagine on a scan, you would hear it. Mind you, they never played the heartbeat out loud when I had scans (only when I went private) x

I actually found my baby's heartbeat at 7 weeks 5 days on a doppler myself. A lot of people told me that it was probably my own heartbeat but I know the difference and it was definitely baby's. Plus, I've seen on youtube people finding it on a doppler at 7 weeks so I'd imagine on a scan, you would hear it. Mind you, they never played the heartbeat out loud when I had scans (only when I went private) x

it depends on alot of different factorsif your going to hear it, this is why i never say you will definitely hear it...

cause then it causes panic for no reason if they dont hear it....:flower:

then if they do end up being able to hear it, its quit the gift....

Thanks stephthe hiker! I know that the odds are in my favor. I think I have just read too many horror stories online. Plus since I don't have any kids, it makes question if I will ever be able to. I'm hoping a positive scan will ease my nerves. It's funny because before I started to try for kids, nothing really made me nervous or have anxiety like this. I was kinda the carefree take each day as it comes kinda person.

Thanks again all for your replies! Can't wait for tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed I'll have a healthy baby and hear a healthy heartbeat.

Went today. My baby I measuring a few days ahead and had a healthy heartbeat. Well that's what technician said. She did not give me an actual read out with heartbeat reading. She said she was sending it to my doctor. :-(

Anyway, it makes me feel better that the baby has a heartbeat.

Congrats! Now try to stop reading online. I have made myself sick knowing that something might go wrong even after the heartbeat. Try not to be like me and just relax and enjoy it!! Merry Christmas!

techs are really not allowed though some do it anyway, there not allowed to tell you anything medical with a sono....they tell your doc who tells you, if something was wrong you would have gotten a call right away...

chin up..ur baby has a heartbeat...that is wonderful sweetie :) <3

i agree,,no more dr google...!

Thanks! I'm going to try my hardest to stay away from doing google searches. Technology is a wonderful thing when not abused. I'm going to remain positive and hopeful! Thanks for your support. Happy holidays!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->