Can you please post your 6 weeks scans. Preferred 6.3weeks x

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
A post for my sister. She's 6.3 weeks but her hubby is a carrier of an abnormal chromosome. Trisomy 10.
He's normal, his family are normal, he has a niece that is trisomy 10.
My sister and her hubby have a normal 16 month old dd, her last pregnancy was terminated at 17 weeks from the abnormality. The baby kept measuring 2-3 weeks behind.

She had a scan today the gestation measured 6 weeks.
Going by ovulation she is 6.3 weeks

Xx

I don't have a scan but just sending good luck for your sister. Early scans can be off by up to a week so the 3 day difference could well be nothing to worry about at the point. Hoping for the best xx

I unfortunately don't have a 6 week scan, my earliest scan was at 8 weeks.

I wouldn't worry about 3 days behind either. My bean measured a couple of days behind at my 8 week scan and at my 13 week nuchal scan last week measured 3-4 days ahead. So a lot can happen in the next few weeks! Plus I don't think those measurements they use to date a pregnancy are super accurate anyway, especially when it's still early days. Is there any possibility your sister is a bit off on her O date? Sometimes women do O later than they think they did.

FXed her bean is a healthy one :dust:

hoping she has a healthy bean growing

when I went for my scan at 7w1d I measured 6w6d at my 12w scan I got bumped up 4 days ...

My fertility clinic pointed out that early on the differences between sizes can vary wildly (by a day or two) because if you measure with the probe in a slightly different position then you can gain or lose a day or two very easily. Hence why dating scans happen at 12 weeks (baby is bigger and the variation in size is less).

Here is mine at 6w2d. And like others have pointed out, a scan can be out. On my OB's machine, out beside where the measurement comes up it has a +-6 days, bc it's normal to be off by that much with these scans. Good luck to your sister.

Attachments

• 6 weeks.jpg
    6 weeks.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 18
This is mine.

Attachments

• Scan 6 weeks.jpg
    Scan 6 weeks.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 7
At my first ultrasound, the embryo only measured 6 weeks 0 days when it should've been closer to 6 weeks 4 days by my ovulation date. I got another ultrasound exactly 4 weeks later and baby was measuring 10 weeks 4 days, meaning it had caught up. I can understand why she'd be worried, but 3 days is a small discrepancy, especially since implantation timelines are variable.

Picture from first ultrasound (measuring 6w0d)

https://i.imgur.com/RDhsM0E.png?1

Picture from second ultrasound (measuring 10w4d):
https://i.imgur.com/w7dQF4e.jpg?2

https://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p720/MeganSwope87/7341be16-a4ae-4223-95e2-711706c94b0d_zps0s8ulj2r.jpg

Here's my baby I'm currently pregnant with at 6+4. Like what everyone else has said, anything + or - 6 days is totally normal. I should have been around 7+0 at this scan based on ovulation but was measuring a few days behind. Then at 10 and 13 weeks baby was 8 days ahead!

Thank you ladies and congrats on your pregnancies :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->