Can you recycle carrier bags?

M

mummysangels

We've been having a family debate... :wacko:

Mum thinks we can - just put them in the orange plastic bag for the recycling
But Dad and everyone else thinks that they can't. Because the plastic recycling bag is just for hard plastics (shampoo bottles etc.)

So can we or can't we?
Please help me solve this! lol xxxxx

I think it might depend on your area, in mine we cant. We take them to Asda instead.

hmmm dunno.... i just give mine to my asda delivery man every week and he takes them to get recycled!

we have to take ours back to the supermarkets
as well :thumbup:

tbh i use them as bin liners and throw them
out with the rubbish :blush:

xx​

Yeah it depends on what they can do i your area, you should be able to get the info on your council website if it's not written on the bag/bin. We have to give ours to Sainsbury's though everything else (except metal, not cans) can be taken from the doorstep now. We online shop and the delivery people will take a bag of plastic film with us so we don't even have to leave the house now! It's all the soft plastic film too, not just carriers, things like food bags and bubble wrap, just not the hard crinkley stuff.

nope! thats why most supermarkets encourage you to bring your own shoppers now. they just end up in a landfill!

NuKe - that's the annoying thing about online shopping, it all comes in plastic bags! We always use proper bags when we go out shopping. I keep asking the delivery men when it will change and they always say there are plans but seen nothing of it.

NuKe - that's the annoying thing about online shopping, it all comes in plastic bags! We always use proper bags when we go out shopping. I keep asking the delivery men when it will change and they always say there are plans but seen nothing of it.

its awful isnt it!! we always use our tesco ones they are made out of a kind of woven fabric, like hessian. on the off chance we forget them and have to get the awful carrier bags, we use them in the waste paper basket in our bathroom as liners!!

If they haven't fallen apart you can re-use them same as you would a fabric bag or one of those stronger plastic ones...

no. Plastic is plastic. Just put it into the bin for plastic stuff if you have such thing.
In anycase I have a big rucksack where I always put my shopping in, and if its more I have a basket. So no need to buy plastic bags..

Yes you can. If you have a bag to recycle plastic you can recycle your carrier bags.

If you are unsure check out your councils "care for your area" website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->