can you request a c section 2nd time around

jacobs mummy

mum of 1
Reaction score
can you ask for a c section if you had one before?

I was induced 2 weeks over... 2 days later i was still only 1cm! i had every drug they could throw at me.. and nothing! they broke my waters at 1cm - which was horrendous! i really can't face going through that again. They've scared me of having a smear! I know i should have one as my last was 3 years ago (the month before i became pregnant with my son)
What so you think my chances are of getting a c section 2nd time around? Not pregnant yet. Waiting till Nov/Dec - but it's something that is playing on my mind already.

H x

can you ask for a c section if you had one before?

I was induced 2 weeks over... 2 days later i was still only 1cm! i had every drug they could throw at me.. and nothing! they broke my waters at 1cm - which was horrendous! i really can't face going through that again. They've scared me of having a smear! I know i should have one as my last was 3 years ago (the month before i became pregnant with my son)
What so you think my chances are of getting a c section 2nd time around? Not pregnant yet. Waiting till Nov/Dec - but it's something that is playing on my mind already.

H x

hi hun. i was given the choice in the beginning of my 2nd pregnancy - and then right at the end they made me have a section. I think if you have had a section before they would let you choose to have another one. xxx

I'm preety sure that you can opt for a section if you've had one. My eldest was born by emergency section and I was allowed an elective section, however when I went to the hospital to book in for the section the consultant scared me with all the risks involved (which obviously you're unaware of when you have an emergency section)! So I had both my second and third babies naturally. Speak about it to your midwife/consultant as I'm sure they'll go through all your options with you. Hope that was some help. x

You shouldn't ever face that again as they should never induce someone who has had a previous section (I know they still do) as it increases the risk of uterine rupture. If you go over like that again, they should either offer you monitoring or a section.

thanks. My sections wasn't throu choice.. after 2 days and still only 1cm it was time to give up... cried all the way to theatre, but after the section and about 12 hours of sleep... i was fine. Got up streaight away and pushed myself to exercise from day 1 like walking up and down 3 flights of stairs at the hospital every time i had a visit and basically just walking around the hospital. I was in for a week as our little boy was a little sick. I couldn't believe how quickly i got over the section and now my scar is hardly noticable - completly flat 2 yrs on. Was i just lucky? Am i being too quick to opt for another section? could it have gone worse? but then i don't think i could handle an interneral again... never mind push a baby out! althou i never got to that part! the internals make me feel sick.

Maybe it's something i should talk about with MD when i get BFP... fingers crossed for Nov/Dec...

thanks again

Yeah, you can request one, I personally was going for a Vbac, up until around 33 weeks when me and my consultant had a chat, and decided that I wouldnt have much chance of delivering naturally, so he booked the section, which I had! And it was much easier second time around! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->