Can you share your healthy baking recipes or ideas for my son with dietary needs?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
Any suggestions very welcome! My son needs a high protein, high calorie diet and has trouble with speech and oral motor/feeding skills. I'm adapting baking recipes with extra (healthier) calories and proteins and am looking for some recipe ideas to work from! Sweet and savoury very very welcome for this stressed mummy! Thanks so much!

You should look for paleo recipes as they tend to be both high in protein and healthy fats. Pinterest is great for that. We made these about a month or two ago and they were amazing!

Paleo banana almond muffins:

https://www.fitmittenkitchen.com/paleo-banana-muffins/

(For the almond flour, I just used ground almonds. I think technically almond flour is finer ground, but that's what I had at home and they were delicious).

Also, these savoury breakfast cookies are amazing too. Also, using the ground almonds, so you can use it up if you have to buy lots.

https://mylifecookbook.com/2016/02/29/savory-breakfast-cookies-low-carb/

Thanks so much! We have ground almonds that I put in his pancakes and other things. I will give these a try and look up some more paleo bits.

I add a lot of extra coconut oil or butter to ds's food. He likes nuts so he gets those sometimes.

What about smoothies? Ds loves those and it's easy to hide veggies and added fat. I don't use protein powder but if that's safe for your son maybe that is am option.

I eat low carb, high fat and moderate protein. I don't have any particular recipes as I'm not a recipe person, but my diet mainly consists of:

Cream
Cream cheese
Colby cheese
Eggs
Avocados
Meat of any kind (not processed generally, unless bacon, so no ham etc as can be high in carbs)
Nuts
Camembert/brie
Salami (there are low spice ones out there)
Deserts made with egg whites, whipped cream and a sugar substitute like norbu or natvia, so like little pavlova things
Mushrooms for adding into omelettes

No idea if any of these things are helpful, sorry! Baking itself tends to lend itself to high carb stuff so I'm not good at that.

I am doing this to lose weight, not sure if that's a goal for your little dude, but these foods can be filling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->