Can you still Ovulate when bleeding?

Shell'sAngels

Reaction score
Hi ladies

My body is driving me insane... i lost my baby boy 17 days ago and i bled really heavy for a week, then it calmed down the 2nd week (thought it was stopping) then a few nights ago had a massive bleed and clots again and now its calmed down again but very much like a period but fresh red blood... so basically what im getting at is ive been bleeding for 17 days... when will this stop????....

We are gonna get going with ttc altho we are adviced to wait we dont want too and researched that the only reason they say to wait for period is purely because its hard to 'date' the pregnancy... but we desperately want to get pregnant again asap!...

Anyway... does anyone know can you still ovulate when bleeding?... we have been doing the deed the past few nights in hope that it may stop soon and i may ovulate... but it dont seem to be calming down! grrrr

Sorry bit of a rant too there but just want it to stop so at least i know i got a few weeks till my period!!

Hi sorry for your lost and unfortunately i dont have the answer for you :-( i lost my baby 9 days ago and like you im still bleeding. Its heavy one day and not the next. The advice i was given was that if the bleeding didnt stop after 10 days i was to go back and have scan to see if everything had been removed (i had the medication option). Im no expert but maybe if you are having clots there maybe something still there??? I was also told not to have sex until the bleeding had stopped to reduce the risk of infection. Sorry cant be more help x

Hi,

Am really sorry for your loss. Just wanted to say that I found that I thought bleeding had stopped about 8/9 days after MC and had some BD ing which seemed to start it off again for another few days! I think maybe that things are still a bit raw for the first couple of weeks, even if bleeding stopped, and this may aggravate it x

Hi
I had my miscarriage at the end of November and bled heavily up until a few days before xmas. It then stopped and started up again a few days later and this has been the case on and off until last week when I finally only bled for 5 days in the month. You will still ovulate while you are bleeding but it can take the body a few months to get back into a normal cycle due the hormones and that is why we are advised to wait a couple of months to allow your body to get back to normal before trying to conceive again. After a miscarriage your next period is generally heavier and may have clots in it as it takes the body a while to build up the lining of the womb and shed again. There is nothing to stop you trying to conceive straight away but if you wait a couple of months it allows your cycle to re-regulate and thus makes it easier for you to know when you are most fertile which is generally 14days after the first day of your period in a 28day cycle.

Hope this helps and good luck with ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"