Can you stop/delay a period?

Pearls18

Reaction score
My SIL is due on her wedding day next month, is there anything she can do to delay it? She isn't on any contraception and is a little weary of interfering with her system too much as there may be TTC plans next year.

Thanks!

The only way I know of is to take the pill but not ideal if ttc :p I would take it though, deffo wouldn't want my period on my wedding day x

sorry re read and seen that ttc is next year

Yeah there is a tablet you can get, you can delay it for up to 17 days. If you (or her) go on the lloyds pharmacy website, there's an online doctor and you can find out and even buy from there, I'm not sure what the name of the tablet is but I can find out if you want

Edit, just looked and I think it's norethisterone

Yes there is a pill you can take, from memory you take it 5 days before period is due and until you want your period. I had it as a teenager for holidays before I obviously could use contraception.

There's a tablet you can take, the one I've used in the past is called Utovlan and a friend recently told me Boots now prescribe it online. A Dr will likely give her something similar as well.

Doctor gave me Norethisterone to stop mine for a festival last year... Just told him the situation and he prescribed it me, simple! :lol:

According to patient.co.uk

'If you are not taking 'the pill' then a hormone tablet called norethisterone can be prescribed. The dose is 5 mg three times a day starting 3-4 days before a period is due. It can be continued for up to two weeks or so until you want to have a period. Your period will then normally begin 2-3 days after stopping it. Norethisterone is normally safe to take. However, if you have an increased risk of having a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) this method may not be suitable for you. Your doctor will be able to discuss this with you. Some women have side-effects such as bloating, stomach upset, breast discomfort and reduced sex drive (libido).'

Norethisterone is a single hormone contraceptive pill, the mini pill is it's commonly used name. It's the one women usually take whilst breastfeeding. Just by the way :)

Great thanks so much everyone, I will pass on the info! I think the only good thing about me getting married while I was still Bf was I didn't have my periods :haha:

Norethisterone. I've used it a few times, for holidays.

When I was getting married I was on a wedding forum a lot and loads of brides used it for their wedding day. A GP can prescribe it but you need to start taking it a few days before your period (or just a few days before the wedding if she doesn't know when she's due on). I was on pill when I got married so just took two packets without a break.

Taking the pill didnt work for me i tried that and i still come on my due date

Lemon juice, I sucked a lemon 3 times a day once which is an old wives take but I was desperate and it delayed it by 2 days and it came much lighter than usual.

Maybe just coincidence though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->