Can you...

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
Express milk on one day (I.e Wednesday) and then express milk again the following day(Thursday) then combine the two milks and freeze them? Or is that a no-no? I'm trying to create a stash for when I go away, and I seem to be getting less now, 1.5oz per a express and I'm trying to freeze in 3oz packets!

AFAIK, yes, but I would bring them both to fridge temp first if you want to be super careful.

I mixed milk from different pumping sessions all the time, when I was pumping at work I would mix fresh milk with milk that had been in the fridge since the last session then immediately cool the whole container. I pumped into glass so the bottle would be quite chilled and would cool it down quickly.

I do not recall going day to day but it does not seem much different.

I froze as I made the milk, or at the end of the day if I was pumping at work, but when I would thaw milk to use, I definitely combined milk from different sessions to make the bottle.

I froze as I made the milk, or at the end of the day if I was pumping at work, but when I would thaw milk to use, I definitely combined milk from different sessions to make the bottle.

I think this might be more sensible - depending how your LO is with you being away and taking a bottle from other people. Sometimes babies can be really fussy about feeding when they are missing Mum, they only take very small amounts and big bottles end up being chucked away! 1.5 oz portions allows whoever is caring for her to make up a few smaller bottles and if she wants bigger ones it is no problem to combine a few packs together.

Kellymom has good resources about storing and combining milk though.

We have done bottles since my LO was younger and she is very confident in taking them from both myself and other family members so hopefully me being around won't have much effect on her, but if I was to defrost 3oz of milk and put 1.5oz in a bottle could I not put the other 1.5oz in the fridge and use in 24 hours or is that not allowed? I'm new to pumping, my other children didn't take a bottle!

I think this link has everything from combining milk before freezing and keeping thawed milk https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/milkstorage/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->