• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canadian mom due in January 2013

Warby

Mom of four monkey-moos
Reaction score
Hi ladies, my name is Erin, I am due on January 27. Would love to have a buddy due near the same time who'd like to chat and compare here on bandb.

Hi Warby, I'm due January 7th with my first and from Canada too. Whereabouts in Canada are you? I'm in Calgary.

:hi:

Nice! What hospital are you planning on having your baby at? I'm going to the Rockyview. And hopefully I won't go into labour during rush hour - it's a long drive, hah!

How has your pregnancy been so far? Is this your first or do you have other children?

Freaky...Rockyview for me too, as that's where my doctor has privileges.

This is my fourth baby. I have a daughter who is nearly 8, and two sons who are 6 and 3. This fourth was an "oops!". Totally unplanned (we were, in fact, using birth control) but we are now very excited and glad that things worked out the way they did.

Pregnancy has been pretty good so far. I'm more nauseated this time and not ravenously hungry like I was with my last pregnancy. I am kind of hoping that means it's a girl. This is the first time ever that I've had a bit of a preference regarding baby's sex and I feel a bit guilty about that. Truly, I will be absolutely in love with whatever I get.

We never found out with any of our previous babies, and we are planning not to find out with this one either, but it is so tempting!!! I do look at the Chinese gender predictor calendar and do things like the wedding ring test, but I don't put any stock in those.

How have you been feeling?

I'm now finally starting to feel human, though the nausea and vomiting are still going strong, I think I've adapted to them.

We're staying on team yellow though at our last scan we were both looking, how can you not, right? I thought I saw boy bits and OH thought he didn't see anything so he's convinced we're having a girl. I was convinced it was a girl up until that scan so now it's driving me crazy!! Only 19 more weeks to wait. As long as the baby is healthy though I'll be happy either way.

I did a few of the chinese gender predictors too and got both boy and girl so those weren't much help.

Any tips for getting through labour? As each week passes I'm finding myself getting a little more anxious at the thought of it.

Labour tips...let's see.

When you see movies or tv shows with women in labour, know that they are hamming it up for the cameras. It's not a walk in the park, but it is not THAT hard either. And it's not constant. Contraction, then rest. Contraction, then rest. And a lot of that moaning and grunting is due to exertion, not pain. I liken it to the sounds one would make if they pushed a heavy piece of furniture across the room. Hard work!

Also, I was surprised at how empowering it was. I gave birth! Wow! I felt like I could do anything!

I remember thinking after I'd had my first that labour and delivery were way easier than I thought they'd be. And so, so, so worth it. Even if you do end up with complications, the body has an amazing capacity to heal. And you get a baby at the end of it!!

And that, of course, is the best part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"