canesten question please help xx

mellfckimpton

Reaction score
Bit of TMI so i apologise in advance;
I started bleeding sunday had my bloods done on sunday they was 1900 then on wednesday they was 3600 docs saying this is normal well the bleeding went brown and i was a little bit itchy down there and saw some white stuff so rang triage who gave me some canesten cream i used it to find half an hour afterward after nipping to the shop bright red blood again could it be the cream causing this? Going out my mind with worry got my bloods again tomorrow xx

I've had thrush so so many times during and since my first pregnancy :dohh: and I have never experienced bleeding from the cream at all, it sounds like your bleeding will more likely be linked to the first lot of bleeding you had. Bleeding is just a horrible thing to have to deal with in pregnancy , I bled on and off through out the majority of my first pregnancy and even though it was totaly normal and baby was fine it was still not very nice! Have you had any pains along with the bleeding? Other then the normal aches and pains? Like more severe pain have you had any? If so I would call your midwife or doctor to make sure everything is okay but if not I would still inform them but don't worry yourself sick over it! Some bleeding can be normal and is actually more common then you would think! Hope everything goes okay for you :hugs:

I don't think canesten would cause bleeding. Are u able to ask for a scan?

Hi no they wont scan me yet, could the thrush be causing the bleeding?
I have no pains other than the usual and still having symptoms ive actually just woke up from like a 3 hour kip lol and my boobs are tender my levels are rising have more bloods tomorrow to see what they say, had 2 lots done already gonna look like a pin cushion at this rate xx

Awww bless. Well I would say if your levels are rising it's a great sign. The bleed could be because your cervix is irritated by the thrush. Is the bleeding bright red or brown or light pink? I would say if u feel nervous go to emergency. I like to know what's going on when it's me so I can just imagine how u must be feeling. By all accounts though I've heard bleeding can be very very normal. Try to stay calm xx
Edit : I'm sorry I just reread u said it's bright red bleeding x

The cream wouldn't cause the bleeding no. Sorry hun. Hopefully it stops. Sounds stressful.

As pp said, thrush could have your cervix irritated and be causing the bleeding.

It was bright red then brown i put the cream on and nipped out then had bright red again which is turning more pink now it seems worse when walking about xx

With my last pregnancy the thrush was so bad that it must have worn away the top layer of my skin coz I used to get pink spots when wiping (I wasn't using canesten). This pregnancy I've started using canesten just on the outside and so far haven't had any blood when wiping. So, my point is, it's not the cream but the thrush!

I would also agree with the ladies above it does sound like it could be the thrush irritating you down below and causing the bleeding, it makes sense to me because my bleeding throughout my last pregnancy was actually caused by me and oh having sex and midwife told me it was totaly safe but the bleeding was caused because when women are pregnant the inside of your vagina can get very sensitive and things like sex can cause irritation and some bleeding, so it totaly makes sense that a bout of thrush could do that too hun :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->