Cannot believe what i have just done to my poor baby!!!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,i did something very bad :nope:
I was cutting LO's finger nails and usually he sits still while i do it but something big and red on a cartoon came on the tv...:dohh::dohh:(He loves the tv and anything red:dohh:) so he turned quickly and i chopped too far down on his thumb nail and it bled quite alot:cry:

He cried for a few minutes and it doesnt bother him too much now but i feel soooooo bad!:nope:

Now he has a tiny little finger nail left and he keeps looking at it and wiggling his thumb.

Hope i havnt done too much damage:cry:
Silly mummy!
xx

Oh dear... I did this to my baby when he was still in hospital ! He was born with reeeeally long fingernails and I tried to cut them but just nipped the top. Of course my hubby had to show everyone what I had done.. shouted at him in the end lol I felt bad enough with out him making it worse.

:hugs: I now refuse to do my little ones nails and my oh does them xx

it happened to me too. alot of blood too for a tiny cut. now i never ever do them.

Yeah I did this the other day, felt so terrible i'm not doing them again!x

Best part is...OH runs off saying 'dont worry ill sort it' with connah under his arm....so i walked into the kitchen and he has connah's thumb under the tap :dohh:

He brings him back in and he has got a little plaster on it :dohh::dohh: lol x

i did this to luca at 3 months old :(. it was a ton of blood! i still have nightmares about it! now i use a nail file instead of cutting!

file them !! i caught morgans thumb once and was so upset me more than him ! fileing is as good x

i promisie he'll be alright. I actually got the TIP of Austin's finger off a few months ago. He had a skin flap left over it and it though I kept it clean and with neosporin on it he got an abcess and had to be on antibiotics! owie. I refuse to do them anymore!

I did once to my boy, i now refuses to do them and got my hubby to do them because my son moving so much i cant get him to stay still! Know the feeling, i felt so bad to hurt my son! xx

Did it before by accident of course and it is possible that I may do it again by accident. However, the little guy does need his nails trimmed or he'll scratch his face (or ear) something fierce. So, that being said, will be trimming the nails again whenever needed.

I did this when Poppy was 2 days old. She was born with such long nails and wouldn't keep her scratch mitts on. Since then i've done it 2 more times and every time i cry for longer than she does! I think everyone has done it sweetie, don't worry xx

Aw don't feel bad!! I have to say I have never tried cuttin my LOs nails it scares me too much! I bite his off! They're so soft they come off easily and I know i can't cause damage that way!

I did this to Noah when he was tiny, he still has a scar now and DH always brings it up lol! I remember it like it was yesterday, blood was everywhere, I wrapped it up in a tea towel and ran for the bus to the doctors, got there and doctor just put a plaster on it :dohh: I phoned DH in tears, felt like the worst mummy in the world but its a really common thing to do!

my husband and mom have both done this. I don't let them cut my baby's nails anymore haha.

I can sympathise - i did this to my first son when he was a week old. The nails and skin are so soft and small! From then on i always do the babies nails when they are asleep and i use small scissors rather than the clippers coz i feel i can control them better. From what i read of the other posters there are lots of us who have cut the babies finger by mistake so dont feel too bad! x

I think nearly everybody does this hun! dont worry too much xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->