Can't believe I'm posting here - school!!

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
My DD will be 4 in June and starting school in September. Academically I think she's ready, but I don't think I am! I get so sad at the thought of her starting, like this is an end of an era of her at home with me. I work 3 days a week 8.30am until 4.30am so she'll also be in a breakfast/after school club those days and I worry that she'll be really tired, and I feel gutted at just how little I'll see her in the week. I'm going to miss her so much! She is a mummy's girl and I worry she'll upset at the change in how much she sees me, although I think she'll like school itself. Her little brother will still be home with me the 2 days I don't work and I worry she'll get jealous. :( has anyone else felt the same? I'm excited for the learning and opportunities she'll have, but sad too that my little girl is growing up so fast. Anyone else?

Hugs hunni. I can't get my head round why English kids start school so young. Even 4.5 in Scotland is crazy.

The biggest issue in the UK is childcare needs to be seen and appreciated as a separate entity to education. The second someone suggests raising the school start age people will be looking for handouts towards childcare.

I honestly hate my dd being at school. She loves it though! She started at 5.5 were in Scotland and I deffered her as she wasn't ready. My dd would have struggled massively in school age 4. Hugs to you xx

I feel for u my 5 year old is in school full time and I really miss him but he was ready for it but I've just found out my son who will be 3 in may will be going to full time nursery as apparently they don't do part time nursery where we have just moved to! He will be 3 and 3 months and in full time school I think it's crazy I want to keep him home but I'm worried he'll miss out and he really wants to go as his brother does. It's such a massive step

I honestly hate my dd being at school. She loves it though! She started at 5.5 were in Scotland and I deffered her as she wasn't ready. My dd would have struggled massively in school age 4. Hugs to you xx

I deferred my DS too I'm certain it is the right decision for him. I'm sure this August he will be ready for it.

I deferred my DS too I'm certain it is the right decision for him. I'm sure this August he will be ready for it.
For us it's made a world of difference she's on of the oldest but there's another girl in her class who's just turning 6 too also hope your ds enjoys school

My DD will be 4 in June and starting school in September. Academically I think she's ready, but I don't think I am! I get so sad at the thought of her starting, like this is an end of an era of her at home with me. I work 3 days a week 8.30am until 4.30am so she'll also be in a breakfast/after school club those days and I worry that she'll be really tired, and I feel gutted at just how little I'll see her in the week. I'm going to miss her so much! She is a mummy's girl and I worry she'll upset at the change in how much she sees me, although I think she'll like school itself. Her little brother will still be home with me the 2 days I don't work and I worry she'll get jealous. :( has anyone else felt the same? I'm excited for the learning and opportunities she'll have, but sad too that my little girl is growing up so fast. Anyone else?
exactly....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->