Cant believe im posting here......

FsMummy

single mum to 4 cuties
Reaction score
:rofl: we have a 2 and a half year old and had our twins a month ago. we definately want more and dont want a big age gap so hopefully will be ttc in the near future. go ahead and tell me im mad lol only problem is i had a c section so dont know when its safe to ttc again, any ideas?

Hi! I moved over here when my little boy was 5 days lol! I think lots of ladies get mega broody after gazing into their baby's eyes! You need to ask your doc about when you can ttc after a section. I had a section with no.1 and they told me to wait a year. I got impatient after 6 months and we started trying - it took nearly a year for no.1 so we though it was better to start earlier, and we were right. It took 17 months for no.2 in the end! I had a vbac with no.2 so I guess we can start whenever we like, medically speaking!

You twins look adorable and your avatar is hilarious! :rofl: xxx

in my pregnancy book it says wait a year for a normal birth and wait a year and a half for c section. x

Think its longer because it takes more time for your body to repair...obv because your tummy will be weaker due to c-section its prob best to wait slightly longer so that you're more likely to be able to have a natural birth next time. This is just an idea mind i wouldnt know for sure, though i would just ask your doctor or MW when you feel yourself you are ready :)

you have to wait longer after a section because of the risk of the uterus rupturing when the strain on pregnancy is put on it too soon. You need to make sure it has all healed well otherwise the growing, stretching and strain on a already weak scar could just rupture not only putting baby at risk but very very dangerous to the mummy as you bleed out very fast

Why does your book say wait a year after a normal birth though? I was told 1 year after my section & wasn't told anything about waiting after my vbac. Loads of women get pregnant less than a year after a normal birth - just wondering why the book suggests waiting so long?

Sorry i cant help with question- i would just say ask your doctor

But YEY for you joining us girlies in WTT, your twins are so cute, whats it like having two newborns?
x

whats it like having two newborns?
x

its great! i love it, they are really good and im breastfeeding them so really nice bonding with them. its not as hard as i thought it would be its just a bit awkward sometimes lol the worst thing is making time for my 2 year old!

thanks for all the responses. id love to have a really small age gap between the twins and the next baby but i dont want to risk my health. will def have to ask my doctor i think! we'll c wat the twins r like in a cpl of months too lol

whats it like having two newborns?
x

its great! i love it, they are really good and im breastfeeding them so really nice bonding with them. its not as hard as i thought it would be its just a bit awkward sometimes lol the worst thing is making time for my 2 year old!

thanks for all the responses. id love to have a really small age gap between the twins and the next baby but i dont want to risk my health. will def have to ask my doctor i think! we'll c wat the twins r like in a cpl of months too lol

Aww so lovely to hear, i have always had a secret in that, if i was blessed enough i would love to have twin girls but sssshhhhhhh! lol They are gorgeous hun. I am sure its pretty hectic with a 2 year old also.
xx

thank you. i do feel so lucky to have them, when i think about how small the chances are of naturally conceiving identical girls! ahhhh they are all asleep atm. lovely and quiet lol

wowee, You are one brave woman, but I actually think it's lovely that you love having babies so much that you want to do it again! xx

Welcome to WTT!! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->