Can't decide what to do about work

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
I am a teacher and have this week finished a contract and gone to work as a supply teacher. This means I can work when I want. I was in hospital over the weekend, left Monday due to cramping, tightening, etc. everything settled so I was allowed home but since then I get very achy if I do anything! For example yesterday I had anti-natal class, a quick walk around tesco and then was in tears eating lunch as my back hurt so much from just doing that and slicing some bread.

Today I am having a really lazy day. Sorting out paperwork etc, but all from bed. Stomach feels achy, tight and heavy but not too bad. Feel like I could be in work today and feel guilty for being off.

Does anyone else have this? I am tempted to try one day next week and see how it goes. But then I worry about if I'm with the youngest children I'll be bending over, sitting on the floor etc. also, as a supply teacher the chances are I will be on yard duty which involves standing/walking.

I know only I can make the decision and I'm not oing to start my maternity leave sooner, it will just mean less money coming in which makes things a little tighter!

I'm the same at the moment, I'm off work sick with spd which runs out next week. I'm debating whether to go back as I feel like crap still, but I feel guilty for being off.
You have got a lot less time to go than me though and if you don't have to work, then personally I wouldn't. I know you will have less money, but I'm sure you will work something out.

I get those pains too, walking anywhere has become painful because of stomach muscle pains and back ache, but I have good days and bad days. I've noticed I get a lot more pain when I stand up to walk around if I'm sitting down a lot beforehand, and mornings are difficult, especially with a full bladder!
Personally I would try doing a day and see how I feel at the end of it, if you don't feel like you could do it again then don't, but at least you tried!
Then again with how rotten I feel half the time I can see why you're hesitant! It's a tough one. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->