• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can't even get jsa :(

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
So my hubby works 40 hours a week, brings homes £300 a week. Not a major amount, just enough to get by.

We get tax credits too.

I have just applied for jsa while I look for work (struggling as can't afford childcare/before-after school club).

Have a phone call today, and I'm not entitled.

As I haven't paid enough tax, and hubby works too many hours.

So what the hell do sahm get? :shrug:

Thanks! I'm stressed lol x

If your OH works then SAHM only get tax credits and housing and council tax benefits if you are on a low enough income x

nothing im afraid. Wish my OH earned that much tbh. he gets £230 a week.. we cant even afford to live together!
Ive gotta go back to work :(

As above.

Lots of mums would love to be SAHMs but can't afford it.

As above

I'm a sahm and we just get child tax credit and child benefit

I am in a similiar situation. Can you not get any housing benefit? We get a small amount x

SAHM's don't get anything unless your single. As a couple your not gona get tax credits from a full time job and job seekers. You may be entitled to a small amount of housing benefit but from £1200 a month plus tax credits + child benefit I doubt it would be much

I understand why it is this way though... if SAHM's (dads too) could get JSA then surely loads of mums would pretend to be job seeking just to get the JSA...?

JSA isn't just token money they give you for looking for a job though :S

It's for the unemployed that have NOTHING else to live on. If you have a working OH they will be supporting you anyway so you have other income

£300 a week is much more than most tbh. I don't even bring that home.
As far as JSA is concerned your OH is keeping you on a joint income so you wouldn't be entitled.

People can still get jsa if their OH works full time IF they are job searching. OP is not entitled because she hasn't payed enough national insurance in previous years. Same thing happened to me. It really sucks Xx

Yeah, that is contribution based JSA rather than income based, which was the one we hear of mostly.

You wont be entitled to anything unfortunately hun. With regards to childcare, do you know anyone who also needs after school pick up etc? Maybe you could work a couple of days and take their child on the days you aren't working and vice versa?

You will get ctc though and maybe wtc as well

If you got jsa they would prob reduce your tax credits anyway so I don't think you would be any better off if you got it

OH works 37 hours a week and brings in just over £900 a month. I'm currently staying home and all I get is child tax credits and child benefit and he gets working tax credits into his account.

I can't go back to work because I have no one that can look after baby and if we paid for childcare we'd be no better off, worse in fact. It's rubbish.

I'm a SAHM. OH brings home 300 more than your OH a month. We get tax credits and child benefit and we still struggle, but we just get by.
I don't expect Jobseekers because i know my OH supports us.

:)

xo

I'm a SAHM. My OH brings home just over £700 pcm, and we receive Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits, Child Benefit and a small portion of Housing Benefit (however I now have to repay a large chunk to Housing Benefit as OH received a small pay rise of £20 a month in April last year -after the renewals- and I didn't think I had to tell the council, since you don't have to tell Tax Credits if it's less than £2,500 a year :dohh: )

I'm not eligible for JSA or anything. Hoping to get a job in November though once LO starts nursery, as I'm fed up of being in this bloody house all the time :haha: xx

Do you need JSA to job hunt hun? I know it can be a pain finding cover for interviews and stuff but you shouldn't need any extra money for after school clubs etc just for job hunting, you will hopefully find you'll be entitled to more WTC when you do find a job if you pay childcare etc. fingers crossed finding a job.

You're not entitled to anything unfortunately :(
We don't have kids but I only earn 750pcm and OH is unemployed, he's not entitled to JSA, and we're not old enough for working tax credits, so all's we have is my wage! It's really stupid :( x

I know it's rubbish, but it's the same nationwide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->