cant help feeling shes behind

divadexie

Reaction score
I know I know that all babies develop at different rates.
I know Anna is doing Great! with the solid food.

But my friends baby who was born 22 days after Annas due date can already sit unaided and my cousins baby who is 7 months is already crawling.

Anna cant yet pick something up from infront of her so I cant even start giving her finger foods.

I know its stupid, but I just cant help thinking about these things sometimes.

:hugs: hunny! I remember that feeling. I was friends with loads of the September 2009 girls and they were way ahead.
Well, they looked like it. Then it turned out that some were behind Alex in different ways and ahead in others, and vice versa.
Alex wont pick up funny textures either. Anything with a bit of sauce and she drops immediately!
There's still loads time Hun xxx

I know that feeling too - and Gaby wasn't even that early. Just have a look at some of my posts!

For months and months it felt like she was making no progress and all of a sudden (just as everyone on here said would happen) she seemed to put it all together and went from doing very little to doing lots. She didn't sit up herself until 9 months actual.

I bet if you look through some of your posts you will find you have said to Mummies with babies younger than Anna, 'don't worry, they all do things in their own time'! The easist thing is to dish out advice and sometime the hardest thing is to take your own advice! :hugs::hugs:

We've all been there, we've all had those worries about our baby's development.

Andrew will pick up anything with his fingers - except food. He just won't do finger food at all.

Ditto!!!
I go through phases of thinking she's doing so well then see a baby her actual age and get depressed! It's all natural i am sure, and if any consolation i have a 3 yr old and its funny cos i dont really compare him any more, just kind of stopped. Sure i'll start again with him now he's at nursery - mum's prerogative eh! Think we're all programmed to look for milestones and forget that these babies are all individuals who do their own thing - one wise paed in Yorkhill hosp said to me when asking about milestones, be careful what you say is prematurity, it could be personality - this is definitely true of Erin - does what she wants when she wants - a typical woman!!!

That's one of the neatest things I've heard Claire xxx

I could say try not to worry but I worry about my lo as well so can't take my own advice!

I used to sit Holly up on the bed that way if she fell over she couldn't hurt herself.

I also found the Lamaze toys really good as they are bright. She has wee ones you put on her hands & feet which she has always loved. They never actually got put on her hands & feet but they were small so she could hold them and they made crinkly noises she loved.

There was 5 of us all pregnant at the sametime. One of my friends who's lo was born in march hasnt fully mastered crawling but one born in may has been crawling a few months and is now started pulling herself up which shows even fulltermers widely vary.

Anna will get there. In 10 years we will be wondering why we were so stressed about it.

I must admit to not going to many baby groups so they/I don't compare. We were going to a music group that he enjoyed and by rights at his age he was able to move into the older class but the teacher 'helpfully' suggested keeping him back in the younger class (he's not walking so I think that was a reason for the suggestion). I really didn't think a 15 month old would benefit from being in a class with newborns so we stopped going. It really bothered me that he was going to be 'held back'.

I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes i can tired of hearing my baby can do this and my baby can do that especially when they are much younger than Rosalie! Even my HV told me she was behind! i felt like saying "says who?" who wrote this book of what babies should and shouldnt be doing! But a doctor said to me aswel Just because there doing things at different rates just now doesnt mean they wont all be doing the same thing when there 5! also i can see where rosalie is progessing Its just not as fast as other babies seem to be but then i have to think she stopped growing inside me at 30 weeks! She really is doing so well....focus on what they are doing rather than what there not x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->