can't plan/consider birth

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
This is going to sound stupid but after my planned hypno homebirth didn't happen with my son and I ended up induced with an epi and two blood transfusions, I am finding myself not wanting to plan my birth.

I've hired a doula and she wants meto cocomplete a question set regarding preferences. I find that every time I think about it I start putting pressure on myself and I am far more relaxed not thinking about it.

Urghh

Vaguely thinking of hospital water birth but might book a homebirth so if I don't want to go to hospital last minute then I don't have to. I want to go into labour naturally but think if I am induced again I would consider another epi. Covering all basis but can't make a decision.

I had a terrible 1st time hospital birth too (I also planned a 'natural' birth!) and went into #2 (home birth) without any plan except to use a doula and do whatever the hell I can to stay out of the hospital. I did transfer when pushing but it went wonderful and too late for their interventions. I think the power of knowing what you don't want can really help you achieve your goal :) I have to say that having a doula really helped too.

Thanks Aliss.

I mentioned a homebirth at my 28 week appointment today and my midwife wasn't horrible but did go on about how I'd cope and feel if I got transferred in due to emergency.

Maybe copying the questions and filling in a plan for home and one for hospital might help you decide what you do and don't want in any eventuality? then there's no pressure either way and you and whoever helps deliver your baby will be clear on how you want things to go.

Despite a planned home birth with my first I still made a back-up i case there was a medical need for me to go in and will do the same this time just in case.

Plan for the worst but hope for the best is my motto when it comes to birth plans! Hope find a way to ease your worries :hugs:

Thanks Aliss.

I mentioned a homebirth at my 28 week appointment today and my midwife wasn't horrible but did go on about how I'd cope and feel if I got transferred in due to emergency.

I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner (no excuses, but its been a manic few days).

My mw was just like this when I was planning my homebirth - dont give any weight to anyone who says something like that, mw or not! You have experienced birth, you're not suggesting homebirth with no experience or grounding.

As for your doula - you may feel the stress levels rising as you face the task of writing your preferences, but it is better you do it now than when in labour. Which hypnotherapy programme are you using? Maybe it is worth looking at a fear release session?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->