Can't seem to make up our minds!

Thanks everyone! I agree that Indigo is so unique too, I love that it's not a commonly used name.

Sorry your DH doesn't like the name Indigo, serenyx, my DH vetoed loads of my suggestions too. Men! :dohh:

I adore Matilda and would be using it if OHs dog wasn't called Tilly. Although I prefer the spelling 'May' x

I vote for Indigo - it's gorgeous & unique!

Let us know what you decide, i see she will be here any minute!!

Thanks everyone :)

I promise to update the thread with whatever we eventually go with - whenever she eventually arrives! My ticker is off but I'm 3 days overdue :(

I like both but would choose Indigo as I think it goes better with Mae.
let us know what you decide!!

Looks like Indigo is in the lead :D

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the opinions and votes.

Another vote for Indigo from me :D

I'm not sure why, I just think it's more 'you' if that makes any sense? xx

Another vote for Indigo from me :D

I'm not sure why, I just think it's more 'you' if that makes any sense? xx

Haha, thanks Rachie. I think you might be right. It's such a beautiful name I think :happydance: I can see her being a leader in Greenpeace with such a name lol!

Yes, I have visions of her growing up with dreadlocks :D I'd love to have dreadlocks but OH won't let me!

I love Matilda. It was on my list of potential names for my baby, but my family vetoed it. It means "battle mighty". It's a total warrior name. :grr:

I love Matilda. It was on my list of potential names for my baby, but my family vetoed it. It means "battle mighty". It's a total warrior name. :grr:

Aw why did your family veto it? I think it's a very strong name indeed, but still so feminine and lovely :)

So, as a person who is kind of square and traditionalist generally, and super conservative when it comes to names (and would likely never have a kid with dreads), my vote is:

Indigo Mae

Which initially seems weird since Matilda is obviously more common and traditional. BUT the middle name Mae gives Indigo a more vintage feel. If the middle name were say, "Rain" or "Andromeda" or something more clearly more nature-child or creative then the combo might be over the top (at least if your child decided to be a businesswoman, lawyer and not an artistic type). Indigo Mae, depending on her personality could go artsy/ funky, or preppy/fresh, or could be the name of an old-school grande dame (think India Wilkes from Gone with the Wind).

Nothing wrong with Matilda, but how often can you go as creative/cool as Indigo without it sounding a bit too weird for lame people like me?

So, as a person who is kind of square and traditionalist generally, and super conservative when it comes to names (and would likely never have a kid with dreads), my vote is:

Indigo Mae

Which initially seems weird since Matilda is obviously more common and traditional. BUT the middle name Mae gives Indigo a more vintage feel. If the middle name were say, "Rain" or "Andromeda" or something more clearly more nature-child or creative then the combo might be over the top (at least if your child decided to be a businesswoman, lawyer and not an artistic type). Indigo Mae, depending on her personality could go artsy/ funky, or preppy/fresh, or could be the name of an old-school grande dame (think India Wilkes from Gone with the Wind).

Nothing wrong with Matilda, but how often can you go as creative/cool as Indigo without it sounding a bit too weird for lame people like me?

Thank you so much! I absolutely love your response :D You've made me love the name Indigo even more than I already did! I agree that Mae kind of 'normalises' it a little or something. I live in a very traditional country so didn't want to choose something too crazy either, you know? Not that I should care what people think, but of course I do. I love that you think Indigo Mae has a 'vintage' feel to it!

Thanks again :happydance:

Just updating to say that as soon as we saw our little girl we knew she was Indigo Mae :D

She's perfect and beautiful and we're madly in love. Thanks for your help with choosing a name!

Congratulations on having your little girl! Indigo Mae is a beautiful name :). Hope you're both doing well :)

Many congrats. Lovely news and lovely name.

Hope I feel the same about a name when I see my little man.

Thanks girls!

Cheska - you'll just know your little guys name when he arrives. No doubt :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"