cant sleep.. lucid dreams

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hey ladies.. :kiss:

I have anxiety and i have trouble sleeping.. both falling asleep and then staying asleep. I have lucid dreams (your in the dream and you know your dreaming) and ive had them for years, and they have gotten better but still scare me a lot sometimes, as i feel so trapped. Has anyone had a lucid dream that i can chat about it too? Hubby researched it and tried to put himself into the lucid state so he could see what i was experiencing, but for me i dont do it on purpose, it just happens.

any advice for women who also go through this.. what helps you? :sleep:

I have them all the time and thought it was because I am not getting a long enough stretch of sleep? I dont know but they frustrate me!

I get them on occasions, usually when I'm having difficulty sleeping. They don't bother me as they're never scary, just weird usually x

I get them with certain medicines and if I have been up to long/or only napped instead of a regular sleep.

Yeah im in the awful merry go round of i dont sleep cause of the dreams, i have the dreams cause i dont sleep. mine are always scary though :(

I do find what helps when it is real bad is to sleep in a different place. I normally sleep in my bed at night and nap on the futon. I will nap in the recliner. Lights on:p

I use the time in lucid dreams to do amazing things. Keep in mind its your dream, once you realize your awake your in a whole new world where your body has no physical bounds and your surroundings are made by you. You can fly, you can talk to ghandi, you can run up the sides of buildings, you can have sex with whoever you want lol once you become lucid just play with it. I have gotten out of scary dreams by creating a new environment and i have walked the bottom of an ocean. If you get the time and if youre into esoteric film watch the waking life. It gives you pointers on how to recognize your in a dream and how to start manipulating your surroundings. It also deals with numerous spiritual concepts and about strengthening humanity. Its a strange cartoon format, that distracted me the first time, but i watched it again and it really has impacted my life. :)

can you see yourself sleeping in these dreams? like your standing over your bed watching yourself?

I use the time in lucid dreams to do amazing things. Keep in mind its your dream, once you realize your awake your in a whole new world where your body has no physical bounds and your surroundings are made by you. You can fly, you can talk to ghandi, you can run up the sides of buildings, you can have sex with whoever you want lol once you become lucid just play with it. I have gotten out of scary dreams by creating a new environment and i have walked the bottom of an ocean. If you get the time and if youre into esoteric film watch the waking life. It gives you pointers on how to recognize your in a dream and how to start manipulating your surroundings. It also deals with numerous spiritual concepts and about strengthening humanity. Its a strange cartoon format, that distracted me the first time, but i watched it again and it really has impacted my life. :)

A lot of the time I know I'm dreaming but I can't change it. Silly I know. Mainly, the only thing I can 'control' is to close my eyes in the dream, and then whatever bad things there are (burglars, bombs and so on) won't be able to get me. So mainly when I know I'm dreaming I spend it in a world of black because I've got my dream eyes shut!!

The other thing that happens is I float, which sounds fun (I love flying dreams as much as the next man) but it means I can't get in any buildings, so I know I'm dreaming and can't wake up but I can't control it because no matter what I want to do I just keep floating in the air and can't get back down!!

Also, in the mornings, I know I'm dreaming but can't wake myself up and spend the last couple of hours in a dream where I'm desparately trying to wake myself up ready for the day.

Most of the time I know I'm dreaming and I have done for years but I still can't seem to control it at all!

edit: I say last couple of hours because often, I do actually wake up a few times (which is normal for me to wake up a little every hour or so) and then the dream returns everytime I close my eyes, and I'm trying to wake up again. Also happens if I take a nap. So frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->