cant stop crying

Babybunny1982

My two yr old daughter
Reaction score
For three days,I have been so depressed, tears all day, I can't face the mountain of chores I have to do!!

What's happening to me?? No motivation. I'm 31 wks and have so much to do... My partner is putting in so much over time, n I'm just useless :(

:hugs: housework can wait! Your health is very important for u and ur growing baby! Ive been depressed through this pregnancy and went to a councillor and just speaking about anything thats on ur mind helps a lot! Im sure bnb ladies wouldn't mind u coming on and pouring out ur feelings. You'd be surprised at how many of us would relate!

:hugs: housework can wait! Your health is very important for u and ur growing baby! Ive been depressed through this pregnancy and went to a councillor and just speaking about anything thats on ur mind helps a lot! Im sure bnb ladies wouldn't mind u coming on and pouring out ur feelings. You'd be surprised at how many of us would relate!

I'm usually so happy. I have had a good pregnancy, apart from spotting early on... My gdad died when I was 12 wks, then mum was diagnosed with breast cancer four wks ago.... I'm trying to be strong but since I finished work I have nothing to stop the bad thoughts.... I just want my baby here but what if I'm like this when she's born?? :( so sorry I'm a right state

You've got a lot happening in your life at the moment so don't be hard on yourself. I've suffered with depression a lot in the past and have had a few days of it throughout this pregnancy too. I'm also 31 weeks (well in a day or two) and feel overwhelmed at times.

I can't offer huge advice, sometimes that isn't what you want anyway is it hun, you just want to thrash it out, have a cry and get it out.

I have conflicting thoughts on what to suggest as my natural instinct when I feel like you are is to close the curtains, put something on the tv, eat something nice and basically comfort myself in pj's etc. BUT my counsellor says that at these times don't let it get out of hand, ok have some time to rest and recoup but then get yourself dressed, get outside for a walk maybe, do ten mins tidying or cooking. Basically 'Action inspires Motivation' not the other way round. If you wait to feel ready that time may not come. I'm not lecturing, its a real fight to get myself going when I'm down. I still feel the occasional day of sofa comforts is absolutely fine, especially when pregnant. Just be aware of it dragging on more than a few days. I know I can easily not go out the house for a week if I'm in that sort of frame of mine. It doesn't help me in the long term.

If it makes you feel better its 3pm and I'm in pj's, not even brushed my teeth yet and all I want to do is lay here eating and watchin tv. The longer I've left it the less I want to move. It's not great, but I'm aware of it and I will get myself in the shower in half an hour then get dressed, walk to the shop, maybe tidy the kitchen while listening to some comedy (usually Ricky Gervais!) on my iphone whilst doing the kitchen and I guarantee I will feel so much better for that. Then if I want to chill again after thats what I will do.

Take care xx

you are not useless! you are growing another human being, hardest job imo:) you need to slow down. maybe what youre feeling is a bit of prenatal depression. i woyld mention it to doc as it could continue after baby. ive had ppd with all my other preg, even my mc, and its a hump, but one you can conquer:) good luck hun:)

Well, I did feel better after having a tidy... Just pooped, but it helped :)

I just feel like everything is a massive effort. Our cot arrives next week, I shall feel a million times better when my babies room is sorted.
Why is,it the more I have to do, the less I want to do it. My partner is off this wkend, having him help is should help!

Thanks so much for your comments, I felt I was being swallowed up for a while there

the thing thats helped me (and I suffer from severe depression w/ no meds at all durring pregnancy) Is everytime I feel useless I remind myself ill only be useless for a couple more weeks then I can do all I did before I was pregnant. Just hold on my love ur almost there

the thing thats helped me (and I suffer from severe depression w/ no meds at all durring pregnancy) Is everytime I feel useless I remind myself ill only be useless for a couple more weeks then I can do all I did before I was pregnant. Just hold on my love ur almost there

I'm finding slowing down difficult, glad I'm not alone. I keep hearing stories of people who just continued as normal through to birth. I'm a huffy puffy mess :(

However, I'm feeling a little more human now..lol

I'm finding slowing down difficult, glad I'm not alone. I keep hearing stories of people who just continued as normal through to birth. I'm a huffy puffy mess :(

yea I cant walk anywhere anymore and my babys in the 95 percentile. do u still have anything to do with getting your nursery done? clothes folding, laundry, etc? I just got my car seat done and It helps if your not alone 24/7 even if its going out to eat with a friend. Keep your head up :)

Sod the chores and put your feet up! You can always do it at your pace. :hugs:

yea I cant walk anywhere anymore and my babys in the 95 percentile. do u still have anything to do with getting your nursery done? clothes folding, laundry, etc? I just got my car seat done and It helps if your not alone 24/7 even if its going out to eat with a friend. Keep your head up :)

I have everything it just needs putting together, my fella is painting Saturday. I used to be at the gym 4 times a wk, now just picking stuff up has me panting like I have been on the weights. Lol

Went for lunch yesterday feel much more positive.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->