cant stop crying

weewdy

Reaction score
I had to make the decision yesterday to put my dog of 14 years to sleep. It was the hardest decision ive ever made. I so didnt want to make it but she was struggling to breathe and deteriorated rapidly over 3 days. The worst bit was i couldnt take her to the vet so my dad and oh took her. Before they left the house i told my daughter to say bye bye to lexie, she went up to her and said ta ta love you. First time ahe had ever said it. My dad buried her in his garden and i couldnt even go because i couldnt stop crying. Now i have work in 1 hour and i dont know how i can hide my tears.

Oh hun. Huge hugs :hugs:

Losing a pet is so hard. And often people who haven't gone through it themselves don't understand the grief. It's ok to cry so don't worry about doing that.

Just know that you gave your dog a very long and I'm sure happy life xx

Massive hugs x

I have no tips to make it easier, it is such a hard and painful thing to do, even though it is done with love and kindness.

I totally understand your pain x

Aww. Poor you lovely :-(

You did the right thing. We had a dog growing up, who in the end couldnt walk, became incontinent and had an inoperable tumour. Although it broke our hearts, it was the kindest thing to do to stop her suffering.

It's heartbreaking, but your dog had 14 years if your love and a good life.

If your feeling too upset for work, call in sick. You need time to get yourself together. I was 18 when my dog died, and I went to work, when I told my boss and started crying she sent me home x

I know how much pain you are in. I never forget burying my dog in the garden too. I never want another dog again. Too much pain. Hugs to you. Its hard.

I'm so sorry, it's so hard to make that decision even when it's clearly for the best.

Massive hugs, it's such a hard thing to go through xxx

I was in bits when my sister in laws dog had to be put down last year, she was 7. It was heart breaking. They are a huge part of the family and people who don't have pets don't really realise this, so if you have an understanding boss they may let you take some time off.

:hugs: i'm sorry, losing a pet, especially after 14 years, is really hard x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->