can't stop eating junk!

TryinFor1

mommy <3
Reaction score
Oh my goodness I can not stop eating crap this pregnancy! I am trying so hard to eat semi healthy and it isn't working! For example, breakfast today was portioned cereal and carnation good start nutritional drink mix, lunch was spinach salad, heart healthy soup, a sandwich, a peach, and a starcrunch, snack was a huge melt sandwich and curly fries from arbys, and dinner is a corndog with more heart healthy soup. I always start out the day well and then end up eating crap. PLEASE tell me I am not the only junk food eater while pregnant!

I feel you! Before I got pregnant I was eating healthy and exercising and I swore I would keep it up....But all I want to do is eat junk.
So your not alone haha

I'm the same! I started off eating healthy but by week 6 I was nauseous all the time - especially at the smell of salad and most fruit. All that made me feel better was crisps! I'm now in week 10 n can manage some salad now n healthy cereals but still end up sick after n find myself comfort eating junk food, mostly biscuits, crisps and ice cream.

With DS it was popcicles in the middle of winter, and lucky charms cereal. That was about all I could eat.

This time so far, it is salad with chicken and loads of ranch dressing and bacon, and juice.

Unless you have a health reason, feel free to eat as you see fit. I'm a big believer that our bodies direct us to eat what we need....craving salt? Maybe you need iodine (in the states anyway, as they iodize our salt) or electrolytes or sodium. Craving sweets? Check what's in them... maybe you need energy or chocolate? Calcium. Meats? Protein. Fatty foods might mean your body wants fats to help grow whats going on inside you.

I'd say unless your doctor says you need to be on a specific diet, now is the time to splurge and listen to what your body is telling you, and eat what you need/want to eat. Growing babies is hard work and takes a ton of different nutrients. Your body will likely guide you to what nutrients it needs by way of cravings.

Go easy on yourself and enjoy your food =)

I SWORE I would not make a chocolate and crisp baby. I swore I'd eat all this organic, healthy stuff.

Have I buggery! I can't be bothered to cook, and I just want comfort foods. Salty, carby or sugary!

Lol thanks everyone! You are all making me feel loads better.

Lady, no health problems here except for being pretty underweight. I gained fifty pounds with my son and my doctor said he expects me to gain more this time! Eek! I just don't want to be like my cousin, who gained like 80. But he said I am naturally just so small, he will not hound me about my weight, unless its a situation where he needs to (gaining a few pounds in a week, blood pressure being off). I do try to limit my sodium though (doesn't work a lot of the time. Lol) and make sure I get lots of potassium. But yeah, definitely the only health problem he said I had was the fact I should have weighed twenty pounds more when I got pregnant.

Thanks again everyone. I always feel so badly about what I eat but, again, doctor said just because it isn't necessarily bad for me, it doesn't mean its bad for the baby since my body takes the good nutrients out of everything and passes it to baby, not the bad stuff in it.

I have started the day out healthy again. Heres to hoping I stay on track (yeah right! :dohh: )

You're doing better than me I was on a good food kick for a while, eating LOTS of watermelon and cantalope, strawberries, blue berries, dried fruits because I craved it. Now I've been eating BBQ chips and Ice cream pretty much nonstop T.T

If you need to GAIN weight, then eat anything and everything you want. I am also underweight, and I'm having a heyday.

I gained 45 lb with my son. Lost it in less than a year.

Lady same with me! Were lucky in that aspect because a lot of people have problems losing the baby weight. I was back down to 120 by four months pp, and down to 103 about 10 months pp. I am 5'9 so that is why he told me to not worry about weight. 103 at 5'9 is really tiny. I sound conceited right now but I am not being. I looked really sick. :/

AMB, I was addicted to bbq chips with ds. Like, I couldn't get enough!! And I normally hate any kind of chips. I even bought an x large bag and brought them in my hospital bag for a snack. Lol

unfortunately I am already overweight, my OB has not said anything to me though, I've steadily been losing a few pounds each week (which I've heard was common in the first trimester anyways) So far I've lost about 10 lbs, I shouldn't be happy but I am x) I was a healthy weight for my size in high school 107lbs and I'm only 4'11 but I put on SO much weight after meeting my hubby and graduating that I was 185 before pregnancy and now I'm 173 ish. I'm hoping breast feeding will also help me with some of my weight as I'm not particularly happy that I let myself get so big. I'd love to be 107 again, or at the most 120.

unfortunately I am already overweight, my OB has not said anything to me though, I've steadily been losing a few pounds each week (which I've heard was common in the first trimester anyways) So far I've lost about 10 lbs, I shouldn't be happy but I am x) I was a healthy weight for my size in high school 107lbs and I'm only 4'11 but I put on SO much weight after meeting my hubby and graduating that I was 185 before pregnancy and now I'm 173 ish. I'm hoping breast feeding will also help me with some of my weight as I'm not particularly happy that I let myself get so big. I'd love to be 107 again, or at the most 120.

I meant to quote, not like. Lol but don't let your weight get you down. I am firmly on the society has made people think skinny=pretty. Uh, no! Healthy=pretty. I would give almost anything to have curves but I have zero! Minus my hips, my body looks like a twelve year old boys! I am sure you are a gorgeous lady at 185, 173, or 120. As long as you are healthy and happy weight should not matter!

I think you are doing great :) 1st tri is all about survival, if that is what tastes good and stays down then go with it! I feel terrible and I am surviving on toast for half my food intake :p A lot of fruit won't stay down (watermelon, peaches, etc) so I get some green grapes and pear, maybe mango... hopefully 2nd tri will be much healthier. But that is when cake will start tasting excellent :p

Oh I feel you!! I don't get sick with pregnancy, I get hungry! And god help anyone who gets in the way of my food!! All I want is carbs, fatty and salty junk!! Nandos is my best friend atm. I cant get enough of bread either. I was 125 before pregnancy and im 5'7, I model on the side and so i'm usually very conscious of what I eat. I gained a lot of weight with DD and dropped it almost instantly, I really hope I can do that again this time!

during my first trimester, i couldn't quite keep food down, the only things that i was able to keep down was junk lol i was eating corn dogs but as i entered the second trimester, now i am in my third, i eat nothing but healthy food, no junk even though i crave it.

i pigged out before i got pregnant, i was about 135 lbs, normally i weight around 125lbs. but i lost 6-7 pounds during my first trimester, and now i am 28 weeks, i weight 138lbs, which doesnt sound like i gained anything but i think it's just that baby gets all that nutrients that i eat so instead of me getting chubby, i think baby is getting chubby lol

I'm STILL eating junk!!! I can't seem to sum up the enthusiasm to eat anything green or healthy (except apples and cherries!). Before I was pregnant we would eat green veg every evening.... Meh, I'm after carbs and sugar and not much else.

So so so bad. On the one hand I'm terrified of being a whale, but on the other I just can't seem to stop!!!

god I just feel like eating fries... and potato in any form.. n nachos.. normal meal makes me gag :-(

god I just feel like eating fries... and potato in any form.. n nachos.. normal meal makes me gag :-(

Me ^^^^ lol
I'm always with french fries or potatoes. I find it kind of amusing because my mom ate lots of french fries and potatoes with me and I love them anyways. It's like a vicious circle. x)
I am proud of myself though, I've been snacking on some dried fruit and yesterday when hubby went to McDonalds I got one of those chicken wrap things.
I figure they are at least healthy, they've got cucumbers, lettuce and tomatoes in them plus chicken. (grilled chicken would have been better but I can't stand anything grilled) so I got crispy. And the fact that I ate meat at all was wonderful as I haven't had a taste for it :( it makes me ill feeling.

I swore I would eat all organic this time and stay fit cuz I ate junk last pregnancy... As of right now I am sitting on the couch eating hot fries like a crazy person. Trying to get in the time while my son is napping. Don't feel bad ;)

its goes back and forth sometimes i crave things like BBQ chicken and pizza and hot dogs and doughnuts and other times i crave things like blueberries strawberries pineapple blackberries grapes cucumber radishes carrots

I'm meant to be on my way home from work ready to prepare something healthy but instead I'm sat in a coffee shop having demolished a ham and cheese croissant, crisps and a coke. And I'm still hungry. It doesn't help that last night's healthy dinner resulted in violent cramps and unpleasantness. Is that normal? I say eat whatever you fancy. Is that bad??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->