can't stop eating junk!

I'm meant to be on my way home from work ready to prepare something healthy but instead I'm sat in a coffee shop having demolished a ham and cheese croissant, crisps and a coke. And I'm still hungry. It doesn't help that last night's healthy dinner resulted in violent cramps and unpleasantness. Is that normal? I say eat whatever you fancy. Is that bad??

Do you usually eat that healthy?? Change in diet- especially to lots more veggies, can cause lots of gas. I'm sure this magnifies when you're pregnant seeing as you already have lots of gas ;p

Maybe if you started the day eating as much as you wanted you'd not snack on a melt and fries (which as far as I can see is the only 'junk' you ate so not sure why you are feeling bad??).

Also, is there a reason why you are eating the 'diet' food? Do you actually like it, or do you just feel like it's the only healthy option? Sometimes these health foods are not as healthy as just a normal balanced diet because they can be packed with sugar but low on fats etc., or not have enough complex carbs to keep you satisfied (I'm not familiar with the brands you have mentioned so I don't know).

I do know that I craved salt like mad in the 1st trimester so maybe that's what you're experiencing. Honestly though a few bits of junk aren't going to harm the baby or you.

I'm meant to be on my way home from work ready to prepare something healthy but instead I'm sat in a coffee shop having demolished a ham and cheese croissant, crisps and a coke. And I'm still hungry. It doesn't help that last night's healthy dinner resulted in violent cramps and unpleasantness. Is that normal? I say eat whatever you fancy. Is that bad??

Do you usually eat that healthy?? Change in diet- especially to lots more veggies, can cause lots of gas. I'm sure this magnifies when you're pregnant seeing as you already have lots of gas ;p

I normally eat quite healthily and before the bfp LOVED tomatoes, absolutely loved them and ate them in vast quantities but they don't seem to like me any more. Carbs and maybe a bit of protein seems safest but I am missing the tomatoes. And chillies. I don't want a drink but I want a tomatoey chillie full curry but I really don't think my body wants it!

Aw ;( that's tough. I'm not sure then. I got some similar symptoms with my last pregnancy. You can ask your doc if its bothering you too much

Maybe if you started the day eating as much as you wanted you'd not snack on a melt and fries (which as far as I can see is the only 'junk' you ate so not sure why you are feeling bad??).

Also, is there a reason why you are eating the 'diet' food? Do you actually like it, or do you just feel like it's the only healthy option? Sometimes these health foods are not as healthy as just a normal balanced diet because they can be packed with sugar but low on fats etc., or not have enough complex carbs to keep you satisfied (I'm not familiar with the brands you have mentioned so I don't know).

I do know that I craved salt like mad in the 1st trimester so maybe that's what you're experiencing. Honestly though a few bits of junk aren't going to harm the baby or you.

I would have had a better snack at home but we were an hour away and I couldn't wait. And I haven't been eating diet food. Just heart healthy, cause it is way lower in sodium and way higher in potassium. :)

I would have had a better snack at home but we were an hour away and I couldn't wait. And I haven't been eating diet food. Just heart healthy, cause it is way lower in sodium and way higher in potassium. :)

Sorry, I realise reading back it sounds like I'm getting at you for your snack choice, whereas actually I'm wondering what the problem is as it doesn't sound that unhealthy!! I suppose what I was trying to say was that if you are hungry enough for four meals a day then you should eat them!!

Oh I didn't take it like that! And trust me, I am! Just wish they were healthier choices than I sometimes make. Lol. I just freak out about my sodium intake really. I have no reason to and my doctor even told me to knock it off and eat. I don't even care about the sugar or calories. I wish I was one of those pregnant people who grabbed an apple instead of a starcrunch, or something like that. lol.I try but my junk craving gets the best of me sometimes!

I just freak out about my sodium intake really...

It was sodium that my body wanted during first tri.

I lived on:
Olives (the ones preserved in brine)
Fizzy mineral water
Twiglets (Dont know if you get those over there. They are a wholemeal baked snack with a yeast extract coating, v. salty tasting)
Noodles fried in soy sauce
Mini cheddars (like cheesy Ritz crackers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->