Can't stop thinking about it :(

smileyfaces

Reaction score
Anyone from the North West, particularly Manchester, will probably have heard about the case of Chris Brahney. For those of you who dont know, he went missing after a Stone Roses gig in Manchester on 29th June and was found a couple of days ago in the canal in Salford.

I can't stop thinking about how tragic this is. I keep crying thinking about this poor lad. He got seperated from his friends and lost his phone so had no way of contacting anyone. He made his way from Heaton Park to Manchester Centre and this evening on the regional news it showed some footage of him walking alone through Deansgate.

It broke my heart. It really did, I feel so down. :cry: I keep thinking of his poor family and friends who have lost him. There was a group on facebook with over 120,000 people who were organising searches to look for him and the support was unreal. Now, the page is full of tributes.

I don't know why I have posted this, Im not looking for any particular kind of response. I just wanted to write down my feelings I guess. I didn't even know this young man, he was a stranger, yet he has really touched me and found a spot in my heart. Rest in peace Chris xxx

Oh no :( last I read he was still missing, how sad. :hugs: it's so awful when things like this happen xx

:hugs: I'm from Manchester myself. I remember hearing when they'd found a body in the Canal (it was on the news just after mentioning his disappearance) and my heart sank and I hoped it wasn't him.

Its awful, his poor family and friends. I had friends who attended the gigs too and said that the whole atmosphere was electric and amazing. How sad to feel it ended like that for someone who obviously had such a brilliant night :(

Oh no :( last I read he was still missing, how sad. :hugs: it's so awful when things like this happen xx

He was pulled from the ship canal in Salford Quays on Monday, post mortem yesterday was inconclusive :(

I have a really uneasy feeling about the whole thing tbh. His friends say he wasn't drunk, the CCTV shows that he is capable of walking through Manchester (doesn't look drunk at all) and so it's really strange that he has just ended up in there somehow. It's so sad xxx

Oh how awful...I cant imagine how his family are feeling...I suppose if he wasnt the body found in the canal it wouldve been someone elses, but its still so tragic :cry:

Heres a link to the news report today with the cctv, it's so tragic. https://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterev...chester-city-centre-after-heaton-park-concert

Read the stuff about the shoes. He left his new shoes in Manchester (Shudehill) and when he left Heaton Park he went to get them. The cctv shows him walking with the bag. The police were told three days after he went missing about the shoes, but didnt think it was significant. This meant that the search parties were concentrating on the wrong area, looking at areas surrounding Heaton Park and where he was last sighted, instead of scouring Manchester City Centre. If they had looked into the shoe thing more, they would know he had been to the city centre to collect his shoes and would have meant that all those people searching could have been looking in much better areas :nope:

Xxx

How awful. :( I hope they work out what happened. I hope his friends don't feel responsible for what happened. :(

According to what some of his friends have been writing on the facebook group they created when searching for him, they just want to know what has happened. A lot of others have said it was chaos trying to leave the gig that night and so friends breaking up was inevitable. Apparently they went back to where they had hidden the shoes and saw that they were gone; they came to the conclusion Chris had been for them and gone home :( OR they had been stolen and that Chris had left Heaton Park and made his way home on a coach. Theycouldn't have been too far behind him. I just wish he had waited at the place they'd hid the shoes, then he would have met his friends and still be alive.

Xxx

That really just made me sob :cry:

Thinking about him being all on his own without a way of contacting anybody at that time breaks my heart :cry:

xxx

I know I'm filling up again, it's terrible. He was such a handsome young man too. Had a lot going for him xxx

He was :cry:

It just really makes me sad, I just wish we knew what happened, his friends can't have been too far behind.. It's breaking my heart completely.

xxx

It is absolutely awful :nope: who knows what cicumstances he died under, I just hope he wasn't afraid :cry:

So sad how something so simple can end in such a tragic way.

Rest in peace Chris

xo

He went to probably one of the best nights of his life and never came home :cry:

I really really really hope he wasn't scared.

xxx

Really is tragic :cry: I feel bad for his friends too, the last ones to see him. They shouldn't, but I bet they feel awful.

xo

Oh my gosh. I honestly find it hard to not cry about these sorts of things since Riley came along. I'm so scared of losing him. :'( R.I.P <3.

Im crying again now girls! Honestly, I think foul play was involved, hope the police can gather some more cctv to find out where he went next.

A lot of people are saying that on the cctv video (from the link on page 1) there is someone lurking behind the wall to the right and just as Chris is about to go off the screen this 'lurker' quickens his pace, as if to follow. I cant see because im On an ipad (flash player issues) and have to use a different browser just to view the video, so the resolution for me isnt great. But I hope they're wrong and he wasnt being followed :cry: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->