Can't walk after laying down?

babytimeee

Reaction score
Since about 22 weeks (delayed I know, but it's progressively getting worse) I find after laying down either on my back or side--doesn't matter--I can't walk. Well, I can but I struggle. I step and get a sharp pain in the back of my pelvis and my leg gives out. Sometimes one, sometimes both. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, I get this if I lie on my back on a hard surface. It's fine if I lie on the bed or sofa though.
My midwife said to do the following:
Sit on a chair with your back straight and put your hands under your bum. Feel for the bones that are in your bum cheeks (just so you know where these bones are)...
You'll need someone else for this bit... Lie on your left side and get the other person to dig their elbow into those bones and kind of wriggle it about a bit. Use quite a bit of force, but not enough to actually hurt you.
Do this on each bum cheek on the bones there.
It doesn't provide a 'cure' but it did give me some relief from the pain. Hopefully it will for you too :)

Yes i had this with my SPD/PGP.

It only got worse, see your mw and get referred for physio.

I have this, I suffer from severe SPD , I see a physio 2 x wk , wear a brace, and have to ice it down there :( no fun!! 3rd baby and never experienced this before ..... The worst of all pains is probably going from laying to sitting or sitting to standing..... Walking is very painful, and stairs are torture.... I also ignored this for a good 4/5 wks.... Just now started treatments.... Hoping to find relief soon !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->