Can't work out whats happening this month!

kezz_howland

mummy to one and ttc
Reaction score
Okay, I am 26 and been on the pill since I ws about 17. My periods were then very irregular. I came off the pill a couple of weeks ago now. Got my period straight away (within a couple of days). It ws full of CM, but then it often is when I have had my periods on the pill. Since my period finished, i've been doing ovulation (LH) tests, and so far no positives. I'm on day 11 at the moment of my cycle. The problem is, I don't know how long my cycle is going to be, hving just come off the pill! Is it possible I ovulated when I came off the pill and had my period? Or is it not possible to ovulate while on you're period... I was half way through a pack of pills when I came off them? I have no idea when to try for a baby now as I don't know when i'm due to ovulate, if at all this month.

There was a small amount of CM yesterday morning, but it didn't carry on through the day and i've been pretty dry since then. Last night my lower abdomen felt pretty tender and sort of bloated. Today it still feels tender, but not really painful unless I press it. Feels a bit weird though, hard to describe!

Basically I don't know what to do! Please help!

Not too sure, it could be that your body needs to re-adjust from stopping the pill. Usually you ovulate 10-14 days before your next period.
Have you had any watery or stringy CM? Usually just before you ovulate, the CM becomes very stringy and looks like egg white! When you are coming up to your period, you tend to get more CM and its usually creamy. (Sorry if you already knew all this!)
When I used OPK's, I started at CD 11 and would usually ovulate around CD 15.
Hope this helps!
Kim xx

Day 11 is still very early hun, depending on the length of your cycle, it may be several more days until you get your surge. I too had very irregular periods and ovulated on day 20 the month I conceived my son, so there's plenty of time left this month for you to get that positive OPK and conceive :thumbup:

Thanks for your replies. Today I started with the stringy CM, and quite a lot of it. OT still negative, but I figure if the CM has just started then it will prob be a couple more days before it picks anything up. Is that right?

I'm horribly impatient! Lol.

Ur surge can happen at any time of the day sweet I read somewhere that they advice you to test a few times a day.... either way I would get with the duvet dancing :p good luck! X

Haha. I think I will thanks! :)

So does that mean I could actually miss it if i only test once a day?

Yep! I read on here i think a lady had poas in the day and it was neg, for some reason got up in the night and it was a strong positive so decided to test the next day and it was negative again :-\ not sure how common that would be but its worth bearing in mind :) x

Just to add, the strange feeling I've had in my uterus doesn't seem to be going off. It feels like a cross between cramps and a sharp pain. It's not particularly localised, it's sort of on both sides on and off and the whole area around pubic bone is tender. Is this normal around ovulation, especially as this is first cycle off the pill, or should I be worried?

Thanks

Thats pretty normal hun, could very well be ovulation pains... im feeling the same today, bit crampy almost like af is coming and i think i od either yesterday or today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->