Car beds, anybody?

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
Currently looking for a first bed for DS toying with the idea of the car bed from argos.

If you used one has DS out grown the idea of it? Would you by again?

Asking in here as you ladies will know what he's likely to want over the lifetime of the bed ie Id expect a bed to last 8-10 years.
If its something he's likely to outgrow by age of 6/7 I'd be better with a standard bed to last longer or a toddler novelty bed.

I brought the Little Tykes one a few years ago (off ebay). My ds hated it and refused to sleep in it. He probably only slept in it 15 times before I dismantled it and it's now relegated to the loft. Mine was a toddler bed so only would have lasted him until he was 5yo (he was only 3 when we brought it). He now sleep in full size single bed and is much happier in it.

Thanks for your reply was it the car he wasn't intrested in or feeling more enclosed in it than in the cot?

I was thinking more one of the wooden single sized ones.

The only reason i'd go for a toddler bed is for the height of it and if I went for a toddler bed it would be a standard bed so it could be passed on to baby 2 if I'm lucky.

We had a little tikes car bed for Daniel. We got it from neighbours for £20 otherwise i wouldn't of bothered with getting one if i'm honest.

He had it from when he was about 2 1/2 until he was 5. At 5 he was basically too tall for it - he didn't actually sleep stretched right out but if he did he was touching either end. He didn't grow out of the idea of having a car bed. The lad that passed it onto us was 8 at the time and he had decided that he had grown out of having a car bed.

Thanks for your reply was it the car he wasn't intrested in or feeling more enclosed in it than in the cot?

He wasn't really interested - if I'm honest I was more excited about that damn bed then my ds was and was gutted when my little miracle refused to sleep in it!

We have a disney McQueen bed, lo loves it but certainly won't last long. Thinking of changing later this year or next.

I didn't have a car bed but I did get my son this huge Thomas bed thing and he hated it. So from now on I will be sticking with your normal wooden bed, with his Disney cars duvet cover :) at least when he out grows cars it will only cost me about a tenner for a new duvet cover lol :)

We have a disney McQueen bed, lo loves it but certainly won't last long. Thinking of changing later this year or next.

My sister got the McQeen bed too! :D The kids really love it, we've read the books together and can't even talk about the Cars movies..

My sister got the McQeen bed too! :D The kids really love it, we've read the books together and can't even talk about the Cars movies..

Yeah he loves it and think it made the transition to bed much easier, but will change him soon and one of the twins will get it. I think one will be climbing out of his cot soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->