car insurance company's!

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
Right so I passed my test on the 21st May & already had a car.. so I got insured that day & paid a 350 deposit.. so my best quote was off compare the market, & ended up with go girl.. so I don't get paid til the end of the month, i have phoned to try and get my direct debit date changed to the end of the month & they have told me I'd have to pay 170 (my monthly insurance) on the 21st & then again on my new date.. is this actually right? Can I not do anything at all? I'm struggling to even think where I'm even going to get 170 from before payday to keep myself going !!

Yeah that sounds right, I pay for our car insurance up front for the year now but if I remember there was always a payment on the day which was usually more than the month and then the monthly payments, if you look at the break down of payments it'll usually say for example £200 on day and 10 x £150 taken on 1st (example figures!), don't forget that'll include interest too.

As Marinewag said, yes thats usually the way.

You pay a higher initial fee when you 'buy' the insurance then direct debits start after that (lower than the initial fee).

I was with Go Girl and they suddenly put my amount up even though no circumstances had changed and I've had my license since I was almost 18, so four years (made a thread on here about it) so I cancelled my whole insurance policy, be careful with them

WOAH, £170 a month?! is that like £2200 a year?? Was no where else cheaper???

Unfortunately thats about right......as you are only covered if you have paid, so if they move the date out you would have a gap.

Yeah :( newly passed and live in Birmingham so they take advantage!cheapest I got ...

Ah thanks I will complain if they do that! Only Want them for the first year.. just can't believe they won't move it till a week later without trying to make me pay twice just seems so stupid!

I live in Birmingham as well, my insurance fully comp is £115 a month with Go Skippy. I would look into the amount you are paying as seems really high, I had my insurance with them when I passed last July and the amount has recently gone down. Could also be on the car you have as well, sometimes the cars they wouldn't expect you to drive after you have passed your test costs less x

I'm near Birmingham and when I passed my test I wasn't paying anywhere near your amount either, I'd definitely see if you can get cheaper. What size engine do you have? I'm 22 now and passed just before I was 18 and I only pay £65 a month on a Mini.

I would also recommend shopping about. Look at ones that are not on comparison sites. Directline was £100 cheaper than all the comparison sites for me. I pay £200 a year on a 59 reg Passat CC (granted I'm 29 with 10+ years NCB).

I passed my test at 18 and bought a newish Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 with modifications (complete boy racer car) & the insurance was £700.

Car insurance has changed in recent years in that girls prices are being brought up to the same price as boys equality and all that...so it's probably not comparable to us who passed a while ago. But definitely shop around. Quinn Direct used to be the cheapest for young drivers when I passed.

It is right.

We paid a lot for car insurance when we first passed, about £1.5k and that was upfront. That was 2011, living in London and I was 26 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->