car insurance uk

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can just cancel my car insurance halfway through the year without a good reason?

Currently we pay £50 a month and I've just discovered that if the policy is in my name with DH as a named driver instead of the other way round it would only cost us £25 a month!

The £25 we would save would buy us 2 bog boxes of nappies every month!

We're only halfway through our current year's policy but does that matter?

I'm worried they might just laugh at me if I ring up and try to cancel it so I wanted to ask you guys first!

I don't see why you can't cancel? Say you've gotta sell the car :)

Cx

Ive cancelled before and there was a small fee to do it, but yeah you can.. although you will lose the no claims for this year :) x

I did it when I put my car off the road. The person on the phone won't care, they may ask you but that's just to put on the form.

They'll probably charge you an admin fee of about £20.

Does anyone know if I can just cancel my car insurance halfway through the year without a good reason?

Currently we pay £50 a month and I've just discovered that if the policy is in my name with DH as a named driver instead of the other way round it would only cost us £25 a month!

The £25 we would save would buy us 2 bog boxes of nappies every month!

We're only halfway through our current year's policy but does that matter?

I'm worried they might just laugh at me if I ring up and try to cancel it so I wanted to ask you guys first!

Nope i did mine. was paying £176 a month.. then canclled it half way through to get one that was £100 a month!!
I didnt gain any NCB until the next year was up though.. if that makes sense.. my NCB should be yearly in march.. but now its yearly in october

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->