car seat problems

marley2580

Reaction score
So we have an infant carrier that came with our pram but Kaya's all but outgrown it. When she's in a cloth nappy the shoulder straps start about 2 inches down her back and in a disposable they're about 1 inch down her back. This means that we can't tighten the straps properly. We've got a forward facing isofix seat but it's for 20lb or 9 months - Kaya is 16lb and 4 and a half months. We can't afford to buy a combination seat and we can't return the isofix seat (paid £200 for it). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do other than persevere with her current seat?

How much is the combination seat? Woudl you consider the sale of your current one then add the extra to a new one that may suit better?

Poss crap idea & Ive not had teh same problem.

Hope you find a solution :D

Well the other problem is that we can't get a combination isofix seat, and they are the safer option.

sorry, I'm not of help, but just wanted to add at this point that I read it is illegal to sell second hand car seats and you never should buy a second hand one as you will never know if they were going through and accident and if so they would have lost of their security standard. (I assume it's the same as with helmets, which you should exchange after an accident!)

how long will it take for Kaya to gain this amount of weight? (sorry, I'm not familiar with pounds!)

in the worst case scenario, can you avoid driving her around by car for the time until she fits in the other car seat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->