Car Seat Query - Maxi cosi cabriofix with base

BabyNo.1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just sneaking over from 3rd Tri. We fitted our car seat base today ready for our new arrival any time now. All seems to be fitted correctly with lights showing green etc. However, when the seat is fitted onto the base it still feels a bit wobbly. Its definately not going to come off and is securely fixed onto the base but can be rocked/moved around a bit if you know what I mean.

Does anyone have one of these car seats? If so, is this normal or should it be completely unable to move once fixed on the base??

I obviously want to make sure its 100% right before using.

Thanks in advance!:flower:

Is this the EasyBase / Easyfix base? Or the ISOFix? We have the Easybase/Easyfix (whatever it's called now), and off the top of my head, I don't recall the carseat really moving once it's on the base. Just checked with my DH, he says that no, it can't move/be wobbled/rocked. It's connected with 2 steel bars on the bottom of the carseat, which hold it absolutely still. I mean, if we don't properly pull the handle to get the carseat off the base, we end up hitting our heads on the car trying to stand up :lol: It holds it that tightly.

Sounds like it might be faulty - can you take it back to where you got it from to get them to check it?

i agree, get the place you bought it to check it.

We also have the isofix base and the seat is definitely not wobbly once you put it in. Get it checked. Otherwise it is a wonderful car seat system.

Thanks for your replies.

Yep is the isofix base. Unfortunately we bought it at the babyshow so can't get the shop to check it.

Its definately secure, as in you can't pull the seat off but does wobble when in position. Im wondering if once it has the weight of a baby in it, it doesn't move.

Will have another fiddle today and if not happy will be a bit cheeky and try and pretend I bought it in Mothercare or Halfords and get them to have a check!

Thanks again.

Thanks for your replies.

Yep is the isofix base. Unfortunately we bought it at the babyshow so can't get the shop to check it.

Its definately secure, as in you can't pull the seat off but does wobble when in position. Im wondering if once it has the weight of a baby in it, it doesn't move.

Will have another fiddle today and if not happy will be a bit cheeky and try and pretend I bought it in Mothercare or Halfords and get them to have a check!

Thanks again.

I found Halfords a bit clueless. Mothercare have been great, though, so I'd go to them and ask them to check it out.

Hi BabyNo1 - just googled this issue as my wife and I just fitted the base and car seat and have the same problem. What was your solution to it?

Hope all is well with the baby.

Thanks.

Get down to mothercare and get them to check it. I did the same thing last week. Had to take our car in to be fixed but they had to keep it to get parts, so was given a courtesy car. I had to take the base out of our car and fit it into the courtesy car. It was a nightmare because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. The men there weren't allowed to help me 'because of health and safety' so I had to figure it out! I know it's not that difficult but I was really flustered, and what with 2 guys from the dealers, and my mum standing there watching, I ended up in tears! It was a little wobbly, so we went round to the nearby mothercare, with mum in the back holding the seat just in case! They were really helpful and checked it for me. It was in place ok but just needed a good knee into place so it wasn't wobbly. They checked on their system that the seat had been crash tested with this car, so was all pretty thorough!

Oooh how weird seeing this thread pop up. Seems a very long time ago that I wrote this now I have a nearly 10 month old.

SSI - There wasn't a problem with it after all. I went and had a look at all my friends seats and they all did the same thing. Basically the base doesn't move at all and is completely solid but the seat can be wobbled from side to side (but not pulled off) Seems to only be an issue when there is no baby in it and once the baby is in it the extra weight means that it doesn't move at all.

We've been really pleased with the seat. Looking for the next stage one now though. time flies.....

Thanks, we were thinking that the baby would probably make the difference! 3 weeks to go, good to know that I won't have to find a way of sending the seat back, having bought it off Amazon and already thrown out the box! I put a bit of weight into the seat with my hand and it was immediately more solid.

Thanks for your help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"