Car Seat??

T

Tilly

Hiya,

Bethanie has a primo viaggo car seat, it's always been fine, but recently when shes asleep.. she really leans forward. I sent a message to Mamas & Papas and they said newborns tend to lean forward a bit, but shes almost a year old now and is almost touching her toes leaning forward. When are we meant to get her a new car seat roughly? does anyone know? and do you know if it's normal for her to lean so far forward??

It's making me nervous, thanks!

when the baby reaches 20 lbs, abbie was just over a year,

I just looked at Mamas and Papas, it says up to 13kg which is 28lbs apparently, so thats ok. She was 21 lbs just under a month ago. We will look into a car seat now anyway, but surely she still shouldn't be leaning forward then?

i like the britax first class car seats and they are birth to 4 years and can face rearwards and forwards so you may find that one handy as it will be fine for her as it does birth and upwards.

my little one could get her arms out of her britax

Hi Tilly, is it at all possible to recline her seat back a bit to prevent her from leaning forward? Not sure if your seat allows that or not.

My eclips britax allows us to recline maddie ...

Sounds to me like a new car seat, her leaning forward like that is dangerous hun!

xxx

I just looked at Mamas and Papas, it says up to 13kg which is 28lbs apparently, so thats ok. She was 21 lbs just under a month ago. We will look into a car seat now anyway, but surely she still shouldn't be leaning forward then?

Mine only was good up to 20lbs cause it was also a lay down car seat, that is why i had to change for the next one, and there legs look a bit cramped, when in the car but the big older car seats they are good from 21lbs
make sure you get 1 that reclines, and mothercare's and halfords, they will put them in your car to try it out with baby in, and if you buy it fit it in properly......

It's definitely fitted properly, I know it's not that. I don't think it reclines! it has the surefix base and it's all level etc.. about all we can do. I think she must be too big for it (I know the weight goes up higher than her current weight) but she is a proper chunky baby too. ;)

I know it's dangerous for her to lean forward, it makes me really worried and if we crash I don't even want to think about what would happen.

We're going to order a new one!

Thanks all

BTW - CAN ANY OF YOU RECOMMEND ME A GOOD CAR SEAT???

TY

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...tdisplayA_67_10751_-1_14568_17198_10001_14568

I have this one and I love it, I think its a slightly different model as ours was cheaper (£100 reduced to £80) but it looks more or less like that one. Ella is chunky too but she has plenty of room in it even with winter coat on. and it reclines too, you can recline it when they are in it, so if Ella falls asleep we just recline it so her heads isnt slumped forward.

Its also easy to clean the cover comes off and can stick it in washing machine
xxx

good luck in getting a new car seat. kacy wasn't even at 20IBS (she only just got their) but she could move her forward facing one down wards so it wasn't safe anymore for her to be in it and her head was just going past the top of her other one. Hope you find one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->