Car seats: Silver Cross Ventura S vs Maxi Cosi Pebble

LaraJJ

Mummy to Tessa & bump!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought a Silver Cross Surf, and am now trying to work out which car seat to get. The Surf is compatible with the Silver Cross Ventura S or the Maxi Cosi Pebble.

The Silver Cross one fits with just seatbelts, and I have read some reviews that it won't fit in all cars. Anyone know if it fits an Audi A4 estate or a Ford Ka?!!

The Maxi Cosi has isofix, but this makes it much more expensive as you have to buy the base AND car seat separately.

Does anyone have any experience/advice with these please?!!

Thanks so much :thumbup:

We got the silver cross, tried it in the car and it wouldn't fit at all! We've got a Focus ST so i would have thought the seatbelts that ford use are of a standard ford size for all of their cars? We took it straight back and got a recaro profi plus, it is THE best car seat i have seen to date!

I have a maxi cosi pebble and it will fit in my KA with just the seatbelt or you can buy something called an easy base 2, which is a base unit that you strap in using the seat belt and then you click the carseat on to that. It's similar to isofix but i couldnt get the isofix base because my ford KA is a 2003 model and didnt come with the isofix points. Plus the easy base 2 is quite a bit cheaper. I'd go for the maxi cosi pebble, apparently the silvercross ventura s is a little on the small side. Hope i helped!

Thanks for the advise ladies :)

Think we will have to go and try both of them out in both cars to see what the best option is!!

We had the Silvercross when sophie was small and fits an Audi A4 fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->