Carbon monoxide detectors

My landlady said it is now a requirement in rented properties she had one fitted here last year. X

We've got one in the kitchen, our new build had it in already.
do we need one anywhere else? X

We've got one in the kitchen, our new build had it in already.
do we need one anywhere else? X

U are probably ok unless u have a fire place I would then have another. We put ours in the kitchen as that is where the boiler is.

The boiler is in LO's room so our carbon monoxide detecter is in her room, on the cupboard that has the boiler in. It went off once and I was terrified, but all turned out to be fine. Better to be safe.

Where can you buy these from? Thanks for the heads up :)

I thought they were a requirement in rented properties?
We rent our house and we fit one as the British gas man said we would need to.

If it isn't legal, your right, should be.

Such a lovely little boy, it's so sad.

I only thought fire alarms were, happy for someone to correct me, might be able to get the tenner back from ll in that case but not too worried as all I care about is that I have one. Couple of our friends don't have one in rented houses,mentioned the other day as one of them was round when it got delivered. Don't know why u would want to have one as they are inexpensive for what they are worth

I'm pretty sure it's not a legal requirement in the UK for a landlord to provide them. We have rental properties and we are required to maintain the smoke alarm but not a carbon monoxide detector. Unless there is a new law that we haven't heard about! I would be happy to provide them but they only cost £20 and are portable- therefore easy to take to the next place you rent.

Where can you buy these from? Thanks for the heads up :)

We got ours from Sainsburys for £20:thumbup:

Got ours from B&Q was about £15.

British gas man told me we had to install one in our rental property to get the gas safety certificate? Which we did :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->