Carriers - please help

Chickensoup85

LTTTC with azoospermia
Reaction score
Hello,

My baby is now 13 weeks old and 14lb 4oz. I have tried him in my carriers a few times but he hates it and I think that's mainly because I can't position his legs properly.

I own a papoozle and an ergo baby carrier and his legs seem too short to dangle out but his knees squish into my belly if they're tucked in. I would really like to start using the carriers when I take the dog for a walk but am really struggling.

Does anyone have any tips on positioning? Thanks.

P.s I have a newborn insert with the ergo.

The legs are supposed to be up high. Ideally the seat of the carrier will go around the bum and out to underneath the knees so their legs are spread. The knees should be sitting higher up than the bum itself with the calf dangling. Imagine an M shape where the middle is the bum, the upward slants are the thighs and the downward slants are the calves.

Try holding him on your hip by holding under his bum - you should notice his legs naturally go into that M shaped position. A good carry should mimic that position, whether it be on your hip, front or back.

Also see if you have a local sling library so you can try out different types of carriers, slings and wraps. Often the people who run it should be babywearing qualified so can help you out with positioning.

Hope that helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"