Carrot puree nighmare

lilyanne

Mom & Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
We have just started solids and for the past 2 days I have given Phoebe pureed carrots. How the heck do you get the carrot stains out of things?!?! It dyed her pink spoon orange and I just did a load of laundry and the carrot is still there :wacko:!!!! I try to clean her off well after carrots but an hour later it looks like she got a fake tan because there is an orange ring around the neckline.:dohh:Any tips? I'm seriously considering avoiding carrots all together! Thanks!!

We never used purees but any orange stuff she ate (carrot sticks organix) was a nightmare if it got on her clothes. The only way i avoided it was to strip her off every meal time. If it did get on her clothes i used to put neat ariel on the stain before washing and that usually got it out, or put it out in the sun which really helped to get rid. With there being no sun now it's winter i don't know how you could get it out though :(

The sun is a brilliant stain remover, I always hung LOs bibs out with orange stains after washing and would bring them back in spotless. The spoons however are a different story, all LOs spoons seem to be dyed orange in places!! Also bolognese or tomato based sauces are as bad as carrot to get out.

Thanks ladies! I'll try hanging the things in the sun next time. I dressed her in white the past 2 days :dohh:. I never dress her in white but I was behind in laundry.

I spray with a supermarket pre wash stain remover and then bung in the machine. Or if really bad I dilute sterilizing fluid and soak before washing but bear in mind the fluid is strong and similar to bleach

LO loves carrots unfortunately. OH uses Vanish Oxy Powder (the white one) for work stuff, so I just soak the stuff in that over night then wash it as I normaly would after. Works pretty well!

I've given in! Carrots, sweet potato and butternut squash are his absolute favourites, all are orange and all stain! I bought disposable bibs and strip him off to eat, the orange fake tan face usually comes off in his bath.
I've never managed to get the stains out of his bibs.

I use a white top and bibs then i can use milton soloution to get the carrot stains out and it makes the bibs nice and white again xx

I've given up trying to get the orange out of the clothes.:shrug: Now I strip him to his vest to feed him, unless he's wearing something dark especially since at the moment he has a habit of pulling his bib off and putting his fingers in his mouth, the bumbo or bouncer takes quite a scrub afterwards too :haha:

On the topic of carrot... anyone else find it makes LO gassy? I think I've ruled it down to this and will avoid for a few weeks then try it again.

i have washed harrys bibs that were caked in orange in small and mighty by persil coz we moving and had a few sachets of it rather than reopening big box and it cleaned em right up, think i gpnna have to get some juyst for his feeding clithes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->