Carrycot or not?

fifi-folle

C (7/11) & C (10/12)
Reaction score
Are you getting a carrycot with your buggy/travel system? The lady in the shop was quite dismissive of the concept of putting baby into buggy (even though the ones we're looking at are suitable from birth) and made me feel really irresponsible, but we're planning to use a sling when baby is small, have a moses basket, and drive most of the time so don't really think it's necessary.

What are your thoughts?

A sling is great as the baby is close to you and snuggled up, but they get heavy pretty quickly. Personally I like a carrycot as I think babies should sleep flat and comfy with a sheet and blanket, but then I'm out an awful lot with the pram so it makes sense. If you're not going to get use out of it (and modern ones tend to only fit a baby for 3-6 months) then don't worry what snobby shop assistants think and get what's best for you and your baby.

you dont need it they grow out of em really really quick and if you got a moses basket then its a total waste of money that woman was obviously just trying to flog you everything in sight lol x

I have the carrycot to the Icandy Cherry and to be honest my DS has grown out of it pretty much! I have put him in the pushchair bit now. I did have the carseat to put on the chassis which has been invaluble, but could have lived without the pram tbh. Came in handy because of the awful weather we had before Xmas but that was it x

I voted yes, but I don't drive so baby is going to spend a fair bit of time in there when I'm shopping, walking to parents/friends houses, travelling on the train etc. I'm lookng at the Oyster at the moment and the carry cot is an extra £100 or so but it'll definitely be worth it for me. I think it just depends on how often you tink bubs will need it - if at all. Sounds like you've got it all planned. Ignore the lady in the shop and do it your way. Not everyone needs everything x

im getting a carrycot so baby can be layed flat in the pram instead always in the car seat. Baby will be in car seat when travelling so thats enough, like i said prefer to lay flat the rest of the time :)

do what you thinks best, ive got the carrycot part with my pram but only because i bought it seconhand off ebay and it had everything with it, coz i drive everywere and will prob just use the car seat that came with it too xx

I have a carrycot as it came with my pushchair (M&P Zoom). I wanted a carrycot so baby can lie flat for first 6 months or whatever. The he can go into the pushchair bit.

It's all down to personal preference really.

I haven't got one i have the mamas & papas sola but it lies really flat, i owuld have liked one but don't have a lot of space or the extra money i think it's just personal choice really x

I didn't have a carrycot with my other children, but am getting one this time as I do a lot of walking and like the ide aof something nice and cosy for baby to sleep in.

I used the car seat far too much with my first son, they didn't recommend no longer than a couple of hours in the seat then, which for most people would be less than a shopping trip.

I voted 'yes' but it's more of a maybe. We're getting the M&P Sola which can lie flat anyway but I really love the look of a proper pram. It'll depend if we have the extra £112 once we've bought everything else :thumbup:

I'm wrestling with the same decision. I agree about the lay flat issue, but don't think I'll be out longer than a few hours in the first 3 months anyhow. I think I am gonna get one off ebay to save a little money since it probably wont get used a lot and also use it for daytime naps downstairs x

I think it depends on which pushchair you like. I like the Bee and it doesnt come with one, so I wont be getting one. Just a moses basket.

I got a carrycot which I used every day for the first 5 months! Would totally reccommend them as my DS would always look so cosy and snug in it & always went to sleep :thumbup: xx

im getting one because i want to walk a lot and also when we go to my mums then baby can sleep in carrycot and i wont have to take the moses basket out the house xx

I know there a lot of extra money but I will be getting a carrycot

I think newborms look out if place not in a carrycot!

To be honest, if I hadn't looked at a picture of a travel system someone posted here, I wouldn't even know what a carrycot is. I've never seen anyone using one in the US. :shrug:

No, carrycot is a waste of money. My car seat just goes into the chassis of the pram..so whats the point? Definetly unnecessary i think esp in your situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->