carrying a baby at 42!!

ticktick

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to this site and not sure what i'm doing!!! I a very deperate for some optimism and reassurance afer getting negative info on miscarriage risk at 42 years old. I have 2 teenage children. Decided sep 2010 to try for a baby with a different partner. I fell pregnant around 6th november 2011 and at around 9 weeks started to lose brown discharge. After a scan< i was just told that the baby was fine and this is quite common. I went for my 12 week scan on and was told that the baby was only measuring 11 weeks so rebooked for the following week for nuchal test etc. 3 days later i started bleeding quite heavily and went for yet another emergency scan and yet again, the baby was moving with a heartbeat. 2 days later i went for the secon 12 week scan where i discovered to my horror that my baby had died. I have done nothing but beat myself up over this and to learn that 1 in 2 women miscarry at 42 has devastated me as trying again is the only thing helping me to see light at the end of the tunnel. I have already started taking a conception supplement and waiting for my Agnus Castus to arrive which apparently helps regulate periods and ovulate stronger!! I do not have time on my side and just wondered whether anyone else has been here xxx

Hi there. I'm sorry for your loss. I conceived my first child at 40, and sadly lost it at around 10 weeks. I got pregnant again fairly quickly (about 3 months) which was just about a month short of my 41st birthday. I'm now nearly 7 months pregnant with this one, and due in April. All is going fine (fingers crossed) and the doctors have barely mentioned my age at all. I think that if you are fit and healthy, and still have good eggs, there is absolutely no reason why you can't go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

If all goes well with this one, I would love have to another one, which means I would be ttc again when I'm 42, possibly 43. Don't let this event put you off - keep trying and best of luck. xx

You also might want to strengthen you eggs with DHEA or Q10. I've had 2 MC and my son had Trisomy 18 and he passed at 17.5 weeks. I've been trying since I was 41 years old but I did have a healthy child at 39/40. Yes if you want a child do get on start trying again soon...

I am so sorry for your loss - what a terrible time you went thru x

im 42 and trying to conceive #1 - I took angus castus to hekp regulate my cycles which it did and ended a 53 day cycle, i then had my first ever ewcm!

my cycles are now normal and i only started mid dec after a mc, im now not even taking AC anymore

just wanted to wish you good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->