Carrying a premie?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Our LO decided to come at 35w, so I can't use the ergo for some time!!!!
What's best to carry a (thirsty!) 5lb prem about in? :flower:!

Stretchy wrap! My sleepy wrap (boba) I used on DS from around 4lbs. It had older packaging and said from 2lbs and up, newer packaging says 7lbs and up, but the product has not changed. You do need to be super careful with tiny ones, but 35 weeks is pretty close and 5lbs is not super tiny, so I would just be careful and I think you would be okay.

Hey misspriss!! Thanks Hun, I did think of buying a branded moby, just wasn't sure where to start in choosing one! Didn't realise boba did them too, off to Have a look online at prices! :)

Hope you and your little termie are doing fab!!! <3

Dan O congratulations on the birth of your baby boy! SO happy for you. xxxx

I would try a woven wrap or possibly a ring sling? Though the former might have more options for head support and be a little cosier.

I used a woven from 3lb 2oz and daily from 4lb when he finally came home, but a stretchy would be very easy to use too.

I used a woven with my nephew. Although not a premie, he was 5lb when born.

I heard that a ring sling is great with a small baby.

Congratulations on your little boy <3

Thanks ladies. I went for a basic plain boba stretchy wrap. (Much wincing from DH about the price :haha: )
Baby Quinn certainly seems to like it so far, we've done painless school runs and shopping with him neatly tucked inside <3

Hey dan-o, congrats on the birth of you baby! You probably don't remember but I was in a group with you for our april 2013 babies &#55357;&#56842;

Huge congratulations Dan-o! We were together on the testing pages a while back. My LO loved the stretchy wrap and i still use it daily now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->