Carrying first child?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just after some advice from experienced second/third/or more timers. My son is 20 months and he's 13kg. I still have to pick him up and carry him places, but I was wondering what this means for the 'no heavy lifting' rule? Is it still okay to pick up your older children? Is there a special technique you should use?

x

I remember my midwife saying something like children are ok.. Its more in the work place and heavy lifting then children... X

I'm not pregnant but spend large parts of my day lifting our 4 year old. The above poster is right that generally heavy lifting doesn't generally extend to children but being pregnant your body is changing and the stress on your joints and muscles can still lead to issued if you don't do it right. The best tip I can give is bend with your knees rather than your back. Always lift with your back straight. At 20 months I'm guessing lifting is mainly down or up stairs. What I do with Abby is have her stand at the top and I sit on the top stair and lift her by standing. It's not easy to avoid the lifting but best to be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->