Carseats - When did you have to change?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I have the maxi cosi and she told me 12 months but I've seen girls say they went to the next step in a shorter period ....

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Content/Product/products7/728993_s.jpg

When did you change yours?

rhys changed over to a birth to 4 years one quite soon because he was so tall.

looking at our new one for baby it says 0-10kg on the weight and Rhys is only just 10kg now :rofl:

when we got ours I was told its to do with weight?? so we will be changing ours prob around 9 month ish ??

We're still in our first car seats... just about. I think we'll probably have to change in the next month-6 weeks.

I was told that you only need change when their head goes above the top. Their feet hang over the bottom from quite early on.

One of my friends had asked about changing when her sons legs were hanging over and got told no and that his neck wouldn't be strong enough. In an accident in a rear facing seat he may break his legs and they'll heal but in a forward facing seat he may break his neck and that won't! Gruesome but true.

i had silvercross ventura for Rhiannon when she was born but with her being so long ive just had to buy the britax first class si car seat group 0 - 1 which should see her through till approx 4yrs...
(babies r us have this on offer for £109.99 atm if you fancy it its rrp is usually £129.99)

We're still in our first car seats... just about. I think we'll probably have to change in the next month-6 weeks.

I was told that you only need change when their head goes above the top. Their feet hang over the bottom from quite early on.

One of my friends had asked about changing when her sons legs were hanging over and got told no and that his neck wouldn't be strong enough. In an accident in a rear facing seat he may break his legs and they'll heal but in a forward facing seat he may break his neck and that won't! Gruesome but true.
:shock: I never thought of it like that.

i changed kacy when she was a year old, mine only went up to 9 months but she wasn't the weight until september last year 20 ibs but she could move the carseat when it was strapped in so it wasn't safe and her head was at the top, even though the place i got it from wasn't going to sell it me cos she wasn't the weight. until i explained she could move the car seat.

Both Leigha and tom went up to the second car-seat at about 8 months. They were both tall chunkers.

It can be either down to weight or height as helen said, like if their head goes over the top

Kaya went into her forward facing one a couple of weeks ago - it's meant to be from 9 months/20lb but Kaya was just way too big for her other one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->